coyote fur???

predator-243

ok when you kill a coyote and skin it what do you do with it? How much does it cost to get the fur or pelt tanned?????!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark2Around here my taxidermist will skin it and send it out to be tanned for around $200

WOW!!! A tanning kit for an entire deer hide only costs $29.95 at Cabelas!

Tanning only (already streached, fleshed, and dried) only costs $20.00 here, ($40.00 if it is skinned only).

Originally Posted By: Mark2Around here my taxidermist will skin it and send it out to be tanned for around $200

your being ripped off, USA FOXX only charges 24.00 to tan and 17.00 more if they have to flesh.

you can also do it your self for free all you need is some time,salt and white oak ash realy simple does however take some time

I just took a bobcat, coyote, fox, and coon to my guy. He is skinning, fleshing, and stretching and shipping to the tannery for me. My cost...$107.00!

Originally Posted By: Mark2That $200 also included the tanning. Sorry I should have put that bit of info in my post

Mark2

Mark, we understood that. $200.00 is WAY too much for tanning one coyote hide. Even it it includes skinning, streatching, fleshing, and tanning.

$200.00 would be a good price if you are bringing him a dead coyote and he is doing everything for a full mount.

Like I said, the going price here is $20.00 for tanning one coyote hide. $40.00 to skin, streatch, flrsh, dry and tan.

I just took a nice blonde yote to my taxidermist and it is costing me $100.00 to have it skinned, fleshed, stretched and tanned. I see you are from Ky, if you are close to Cincinnati, I can send you name and number of my taxidermist.

I charge $45 to skin, stretch and send one out to be tanned. Unless, it has been sitting in the pickup all night and is half froze, then I charge a bit more
ohmy.gif
$200 is waaaay too much for one coyote.

Originally Posted By: Mark2That $200 also included the tanning. Sorry I should have put that bit of info in my post

Mark2

That $107 also included tanning of all 4 hides.

Originally Posted By: FurseekerI just took a nice blonde yote to my taxidermist and it is costing me $100.00 to have it skinned, fleshed, stretched and tanned. I see you are from Ky, if you are close to Cincinnati, I can send you name and number of my taxidermist. yea thank you for thinking about that but its 3 hours and 45 mins! thinks though i wish i was closer!!!

Last edited:
I just had 3 beaver and a coon tanned at Moyles for 109 including shipping back. If a yote cost $200 to do, i would be doing it myself.

Back