fathers day special again... have you got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockinW

Has anyone that ordered on the fathers day special again deal get there's in yet just curious

Quite a few people have and since you started a new post, I'll update those who didn't.

I have 11 barrels enroute mostly 20" 223's and 20" 6.5G's, the longer barrels for some reason taking longer to get.

Unfortunately my hands are tied and I call weekly for an update. One thing I am trying to do is put barrels on the shelf and offer up sales in the future of whats in stock instead of ordering after the closing date of the sale(which we had 40 something for the second fathers day special) over half are out to customers.

They are working on 20 more barrels to be sent out within the next 7-10 days.

I apologize for the delay and when I originally told everyone the time table, thats what i was told, so I am frustrated as well.

If you want an update on your order please email me or matt and we'll get it to you asap.

Jay, PM sent to you sir!

RockinW, i love seeing those tiny groups as well, lots of you folks shoot better than i do, so it makes me feel good when they cover em up with a dime.

I sent an email to Matt 2 weeks ago & never got a reply back. I'm not rushing it but I would like to know if you got all my info.

Thanks Jeff
20"-223

Scott,
Thanks for the update.

I have to admit that the communication has been frustrating. I am not even in a hurry to get my upper, but the unread and unanswered pm's, combined with lack of response to emails over shipping issues do not bolster a great deal of confidence. If it'll be a while, tell me it'll be a while and I am good with that. It's slightly disconcerting to fork out the cash and have to chase after someone to get them to talk to you.

I know you build a good product, and I am perfectly willing to wait for it, but please communicate with me in a way that creates realistic expectations.

I guess I feel bad for airing this out openly, but the other communication mediums have proven ineffective. I support what you do and think you are a credit to the industry, but it is fairly obvious that some of your customers are feeling a little in the dark and still trying to be polite about it.

This is meant to be constructive, and I just want to let you know how it feels to be your customer. I come from a customer service background in the field of auto repair and have to deal with production .vs timeline issues day in and day out. None of my statements are meant to be chiding, but just a little feedback. I look forward to praising your product just as openly when it is all said and done.

Originally Posted By: blackswampI sent an email to Matt 2 weeks ago & never got a reply back. I'm not rushing it but I would like to know if you got all my info.

Thanks Jeff
20"-223

Jeff, I'll check when i go in to the shop tomorrow morning.

Cornstalker, don't feel bad, I take it constructively and if i didnt know i couldn't fix it. I thought hiring someone would alleviate my times on the phone and computer so i could build, but as I see, there is still a lack of communication and I promise to fix that.

Scott you didn't mention the 17's. Do you know where they are in the mix? I'm assuming they are in the "20 more barrels to be sent out within the next 7-10 days".

I didn't get in on the fathers day special but I was part of the "face book" sale.
I got a little worried when it took two weeks to get a response to PMs and emails.
But Then, I got reply's and my 6.8 upper arrived very soon after.
It looks Great! Just wanted to post to let ya'all know.
I have not had a chance to get out and shoot it yet and I'm I'm kinda tech-tarded when it comes to postin' pics.
But I'll try to get some up.
This 20" stainless barrel just looks great on my RR lower. I put some mag pull flip ups on it so far and I'm lookin' for optics....
Thanks Scott,
Dave

Scott,
Just FYI, I sent Matt an email on 1/26 as well as a PM here regarding placing a 3 rifle order and have had no response. Not bashing, but would like to discuss placing an order and have some questions.

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerScott,
Thanks for the update.

I have to admit that the communication has been frustrating. I am not even in a hurry to get my upper, but the unread and unanswered pm's, combined with lack of response to emails over shipping issues do not bolster a great deal of confidence. If it'll be a while, tell me it'll be a while and I am good with that. It's slightly disconcerting to fork out the cash and have to chase after someone to get them to talk to you.

I guess I feel bad for airing this out openly, but the other communication mediums have proven ineffective. I support what you do and think you are a credit to the industry, but it is fairly obvious that some of your customers are feeling a little in the dark and still trying to be polite about it.

+1
I don't mean to pile on I know your shop is busy and it is always better to spend more time building than responding to emails, pm's and such and quality takes time. I have an order that went through very smooth via PM's on this site and since I have sent parts and payment with no response from Scott who I figured was busy building and with SHOT last month, so I sent Matt a pm and finally got a response he would check and get back to me. I am still waiting for update on build. I am with cornstalker on this one if I get a timeline of 6-8 weeks I will not even bother anyone till week 9. I will still be fine waiting for my upper until it can get here put together with the care and quality that I have seen and read about coming from your shop. However once a payment clears it is always nice to know what is going on with the product purchased. I still feel that I made the right decision ordering from SD and I am already saving up for another upper in anticipation of satisfaction on the first one being very high. I hope no one reading these posts takes my message or any others and decides not to order from SD, because what little I have done with them ordering my upper along with Scott's knowledge and advice along the way and with high marks on quality from many satified customers this will keep me ordering even though there may be some hickups in the communications at this time. Scott keep up the good work and if you or Matt get a chance let me know how my order is coming and I will patiently await its arrival. Thanks

Quality takes time.. Im sure Scott is also at the mercy of other vendors supplying parts for the builds.. The wait is defiantly worth it, mine sure was. I could not be happier. Thanks Scott for a high quality tack driver, Kerry

Just curious Kerry how long was your wait??? If I recall the 6WOA sale was the last one correct? And you have already got it?

Those Barrels came from John at WOA (different supplier), he is pretty quick on getting barrels cut and out the door. That deal came out in July. I ordered mine in August and I am still waiting also. Don't know wiether yours was in the first or second fathers day special but the first deal in June sold over 60! the second came out in October and sold over 40 more. That's over 100 rifles to get built and shipped by one man...

That's not including the 6.8 SPC group buy or the buy offered on .204's that came in between those two either. The 6.8 buy took place so quickly cause Scott had to liquidate 10 barrels that someone ordered and then backed out of, so he was sitting on ten finished barrels and gave us the great deal he did on them.

Originally Posted By: dmpowderJust curious Kerry how long was your wait??? If I recall the 6WOA sale was the last one correct? And you have already got it?

Really I'm not sure what the date was or for that fact even the month. July, Aug sounds about right, but I'm not 100 percent certain.

Dustin is right, these 6 WOA BBL's came from a different supplier.. I know Scott is at the mercy of the suppliers for getting these out. I promise you it's well worth the wait..

I truly appreciate all the comments good or bad, the only way we can fix any problems is to hear about them. i leave tomorrow for the PM hunt, but I can assure every customer they will either receive an email or a phone call mon/tue at the latest. I will go over each order with them and let them know where we stand.

My intentions are never to screw anyone over and like Kerry said, I'm at the mercy of vendors and I'm trying to rectify that as well.

Thank you all, everyone of you is very important and I promise to touch base with you within the next few days.

Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back