Rafael Serrano Memorial Fund

CoyoteCraze

By now many of you have heard of the tragic news. Rafael was accidently killed while out huting on Saturday by a case of "mistaken identification" while participating in a coyote contest in WY with his wife and son. His presence in the predator hunting community will be greatly missed!! RSC leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. He was a pro staff member for Bucking the Odds and they have set up a memorial fund through their website to help the family with the cost of the funeral. Also the Wyoming Best of the Best State Calling Championships that Rafael had been spearheading as a fundraiser for the Muley Fanatics Chapter in Rock Springs will be donating all proceeds from that event to the Serrano family. That event was scheduled for next weekend but has been postponed due to the memorial service.

rafael.jpg

Here is the link to the BTO page if you'd like to make a donation.

RSC Memorial Fund Donation

Thanks, Geoff

Last edited:
I set across the table from them at your contest the night of the check-in and had a nice visit. This was a hunting accident?

Geoff- I read the other post.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. As someone who has done fund raisers in the past I cant express how powerful small donations can be. Most people don't give anything because they feel they cannot give very much money. $5 donations can add up a huge amount of money to help the family.

The five dollar donations are adding up, and some people are giving much more. I thank all of you and hope we can do more. Your support for the Serrano Family is insperational.

I know that prayers are being sent out for the Serrano family, and I'm sure that they appreciate them.

A donation to this family will also go A LONG WAY towards helping with expenses I cannot begin to imagine.

Please make a donation to help the Serrano family as this is their hour of need. I have, on many occasions, seen the members here on Predator Masters rise to the occasion and be there when it counted.

The Predator Hunting community is a small place, and this family desparately needs our help.

Respectfully,

Jeff Mock

I met him last year at the Salt Lake City ISE show, he and his oldest two sons came for just the coyote calling contest....I could tell those boys were the world to him....I hope you all can dig into your wallet a little and help out. Thanks,

For anyone in the area that may want to attend, send flowers, or anything else this is the memorial info.

Dear family and friends, Rafaels rosery service will be at.
Scm church
620 Bridger Ave
Rock Springs, WY
At 3pm thursday Feb 2.
Following will be a lunch and memorial across the street at the parash center. Thank you for all your support and come help us celabrate and honor his memory and life. Thank you

They have a bank or credit union set up to accept the donations now, I believe it is Utah Power and light in Rock Springs, you can call them and they can accept donations in his families name....I hope that is the right name of the bank will check and make sure...anything beats nothing.....

Utah Power and Light Credit Union 1540 Centenial Dr. Casper, WY. 307-237-6764

make a donation in his families name.

Donation and prayers sent via pay-pal from the Predator Strikeforce Team. It's very easy to use and for such a great cause. God Bless the Serrano Family at this time of grief.

Dig deep and make a donation if you're able. Thankyou!

I will be donating to the cause... what a sad situation for his family.

I have seen 1 story saying "accidental discharge" and another saying "hunter mis-identification". What happened?

That's all I've found as well. I would like to know the details of what happened as well. Very sad, but maybe we can all learn from this tragedy and prevent a future accident.

First and formost i would like to thank each and everyone of you who have supported our family and wrapped your arms around us. alot of you i see have questions about what has happened and there isnt alot out there to look at or read. This was a tragic accident and it was a hunter misidentification. joseph(our son) rafy and myself were out hunting in the tournament. rafael seperated from joseph and myself to flush an animal out and assigned us a lane of fire and wasnt to cross into it. joseph and myself identified what we thought was the yote raf was trying to push out. the brush was high and at the time joseph and myself didnt know there was a river bed or drop just in front of us about 250 to 300 yrds. we both identified what we thought was a yote. in our excitment to finaly get our first dog that day and not come in as "no results" as most of u knew us by. we failed to stop, think, and stop and think, and identify again before a shot was taken. this is something i will forever have to question myself about. why didnt i take an extra second, why was rafy in out shooting lane and not let us know, these questions i will never have answers to. i can only look to the sky for guidance and hope to one day forgive myself. I can not express enough how important firearm safety is and proper identification. we prided our family on it and preached it. it only takes seconds for something like this to happen. we all belive we are safe but i do ask of each and everyone of you to slow down a bit and if u dont get to that yote, deer, elk whatever it is there will be another. there will never be another wife, husband, or child to replace like u can an animal. we all knew Rafy was a special person with dreams and goals in the hunting and yote community. our family hopes to carry these on when the time is right and we have healed from all this. again thank you for your support and help in our deepest time of need. he is prolly smiling so big at all of you to know just how much he ment to all of you...

Andrea Serrano
Mrs. rock springs callers

Can't find where to donate. The link brings up a page with photos but no donation link. Is there a Paypal link someplace I'm missing?

Back