This is the first picture of my new baby:

2345894350028512669S500x500Q85.jpg

16" barrel
6.4 pounds
Plum Crazy lower
20 round Pmag
DPMS Oracle 5.56 upper, 1:9 twist
Burris PEPR mount
3-9x40 Tasco world class scope (what can I say, it's what I had)
I was able to put the whole package together for less than $600, since I didn't have to buy a scope.

Put the pieces together tonight, hope to send some lead downrange tomorrow morning. Not a very good picture, but I was in a hurry...

Put enough rounds through it this morning from close in (25 yards) to get the scope sort of dialed in, considering that I was standing against the side of a gate post for a rest. Shoot two shots, check the target, shoot two shots, check the target, etc. Pretty much every one of the two shot groups were two holes touching each other. Methinks it's a shooter. The trigger in the PC lower is heavier than I'm used to, but I don't think it'll take much to get used to it. There's no creep, and it breaks crisp...

Originally Posted By: rcevansWhat did you name the little Lass? Good looking setup.

Doesn't have a name yet. I'm waiting for it to reveal its personality...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BBsteelLike all baby's, as they grow they tend to change. In 2 years, you'll see what I mean.

I've heard that about AR's. The guy at the local gun store called AR's the "small block Chevy" of rifles, and somebody on here said that they're "adult Legos". We'll see...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: moonshine44Put enough rounds through it this morning from close in (25 yards) to get the scope sort of dialed in, considering that I was standing against the side of a gate post for a rest. Shoot two shots, check the target, shoot two shots, check the target, etc. Pretty much every one of the two shot groups were two holes touching each other. Methinks it's a shooter. The trigger in the PC lower is heavier than I'm used to, but I don't think it'll take much to get used to it. There's no creep, and it breaks crisp...
Moonshine,I put a jp reduced power spring kit in my bushmaster and it made a hugh difference,took about 15 min. Think I gave 12 bucks for the kit at a gun show,I am no expert gunsmith by any means but figured for 12 bucks I would give it a shot,worked for me!

Sweet, was thinking of doing the exact same rifle! Minus the glass of course. Only thing I was going to do before it got put together was change out the hand guard for a free float.

Back