Opinions/experiences--- TC Venture rifle???

farmer44mag

Have been thinking about getting one of these for over a year now. Probably in .308. Right now kind of a toss up between getting one of these and waiting for the Ruger American to become available.

Anyone have one of these or shot one? All thoughts are welcome.

For the price I like the Venture. They shoot very good, clean up easy, and have a pretty good trigger. My only complaint would be the bolt cocking a little hard. I have seen some negative reviews but have had zero issues with mine.

I have two, a 22-250 and 300 win. I like 'em both. Kind of hard to find right now though because of the recall, but some places are starting to get a few again. I'm really kicking around a venture predator in .223, though I might try a Savage to see what their all about. It will be one of those two.

My Venture .308 is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It shoots 5 diffeent factory loads under an inch at 100 yards. Two of those loads are under 1/2". I have had rifles that would group this well before but I would have to adjust the scope for different loads. What I love about mine is that my scope zero is the same no matter what I'm shooting.

The Venture has a decent trigger and is very well balanced. The stock is slim and solid and with the Hogue inserts it is easy to handle in wet weather.

My opinion of the hard lifting bolt is that the knob is small and the arm is fairly short. This is the only fault I have at all. If the Ventire had a larger bolt knob and a bit longer arm the rifle would be close to perfect.

The Venture is less than $500 out the door for the blue model and it puts Americans to work. What's not to love?

Last edited:
Had one in .243. Shot straight and was reliable. I handled all the budget rifles side by side and choose the Venture.

Only reason it's gone now is I decided I didn't need a .243 and .22-250 so I sold it and used the money to do a .243 build on my almost worthless (resale wise) Savage 110.

CB

My opinion. JUNK. I had one, sold it. Do yourself a favor. For around the same price..get some sort of savage, a used tikka, a used older 700. All will be better than the TC venture

I have the venture predator in 223. With 40 and 50 gr Vmax my accuracy is around 1/2 MOA. I like the trigger, the 60 degree bolt, and the camo. The magazine could use some improvement.

I just have a question about the Venture's. How come they advertise they are made by Americas gun makers at TC, the the recall comes out and it says they are built by S&W?

Originally Posted By: Droptine26I just have a question about the Venture's. How come they advertise they are made by Americas gun makers at TC, the the recall comes out and it says they are built by S&W?

S & W has owned TC for a few years now but they just moved the TC factory to Massachusettes last year. All manufacturing and service is now done at the facility in MA. FWIW the recall was only about suspected out of spec sears. I sent mine in after getting a FedEx label from S&W. It was back at my doorstep 7 days from the day I sent it.

Well after having heartburn for a week trying to decide what to get- I ended up ordering a stainless Savage Axis in .30-06 today. Decided to stick with the '06 as it keeps the ammo inventory simpler and i don't have to buy as much test ammo.

If it's any where near as accurrate as my .223 I will be very happy and the money I save will go towards a scope. Right now I am leaning towards a Leupold VX3.

Heading to the optics forum.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: getfoxyMy opinion. JUNK. I had one, sold it. Do yourself a favor. For around the same price..get some sort of savage, a used tikka, a used older 700. All will be better than the TC venture

Input why they are junk? I was looking to get one in the 22-250 or the savage axis in the 22-250.

Last edited:
I just bought a Ventura Predator today in 22-250. I'm in NV and the gun shop is in PA. I've read 10-1 post on various forums saying how great they are.

Back