New Hornady 22 magnum ammo

marco

Hornady manufacturing has done it again with some new 22 Magnum 45g. Critical Defense ammo!!! Can't wait to try some.

45gr. FTX its like all the other Critical defense ammo. Its kinda like the V-max max design only its not pointed its flush with the tip of the bullet. Its also a soft tip that helps with expansion. Its on the Hornady sight and tells all about it.

My wifes carry gun is a 2" charter arms in 22 magnum and this stuff should work great! They say it works great in rifles to! Im just wondering what the velocitys are out of 24" barrel? In the in the 1 1/2" barrel its over 1,000fps.

I think I'll pass on the new ammo. I have fallen for all the new .22 mag bullets over the years and none have out-performed winchester HP's.

I have tried several and the win. supreme 32 gr has been a killer for me. I have shot alot of game with them and have always had good results.

Just got my new to me 597 22 Mag back from the gunsmith: Volquartsen trigger hammer and ejector and new Redfield 3-9x40 scope. Going to the range tomorrow to try Hornady Critical defense, Hornady Vmax, CCI VMax, Win JHP, Rem Premier 33g Accutip and Remington 40g PSP. Going to find out what load it likes best. I use the Critical Defense in my 22 Mag revolver, but thought the bullet maybe good on large varmints/predators give extra weight and bullet designed to penetrate heavy clothing.

Originally Posted By: vahunterI think I'll pass on the new ammo. I have fallen for all the new .22 mag bullets over the years and none have out-performed winchester HP's. +1

Back