>>>>2011 Hunter Of The Year<<<<

reb8600

Staff member
Here it is, the vote and stories for the 2011 Hunter Of The Year.
thumbup.gif
There were some outstanding stories this year. I have put together the 12 stories that you, the members thought were the best each month.

I would like to personally thank the sponsors and HOB's for all the prizes they give.
thumbup.gif
The HOM or the HOY would not be possible without them. Try to remember them when you are looking for something, they stepped up to help you with the prizes. This says a lot for them. I would also like to thank the members that took the time to write the stories. It is a lot of work and takes time to do it.

We have a line up of some outstanding prizes donated by some outstanding sponsors. So here it is, the prizes that 3 lucky people are going to win!!
thumbup.gif

We will run this until 6:00 pm on February 12.

First Place

Can you believe what is going to the lucky winner!! Savage Arms has really gone out of their way and the winner is getting an amazing rifle. Savage Model 9317FV in 17HMR. All of the details for the rifle can be found here.

93r17fv.png

And that is not all. The Optic Zone has graciously stepped up and is going give the winner a Clearidge Ultra XP 4.5-14x40 to put on top of it. What an amazing offer!! The details of the scope are here

scope.jpg

Second Place
The second place story will receive a special package put together by Mark Healy of Wildlife Callers and April of Yoters Den Mark has given a Flextone Echo electronic call, details here and April has built one of her fine bags to put it in, her web site is here. This is the first bag for this call. Mark and April did a great job putting this package together. The winner will also receive a $100 gift certificate from Whiteknuckle that can be used at Boondock Outdoors.

Yoterdenbag2.jpg

Yoterdenbag3.jpg

Third Place
The third place winner will receive a one state TRAX map as a prize. The winner will need to specify if they want it for a Garmin, Lowrance GPS, or Droid smartphone.

The best of the best from 2011 are!!

January - Sean Fulton Called in a beautiful Cougar taken with my bow .

February - Switch Another Valentine's Day fox for Alyssa

March - Ursus21 Spring Fling... sort'a

April - Yfzdunner450 Trip to Oregon.

May - FullCryHounds Alaska Bear Camp 2011

June - Ursus21 Coyotes+

July - Jesse Lacky 4th of July fun

August - Silverfox One more ND PD hunt

September - Jerry Malbeck Jareds first season behind the trigger

October - JCS271 My wolf, it has all been worth it

November - Switch Alyssa is back at it

December - Silverfox ND Coyote Hunt 12-9-2011

Last edited:
Since this, by your own admission is for HUNTER of the year, the hunters that have multiple monthly wins (silverfox, ursus) will have their votes combined correct?

I voted for silverfox, not for a specific hunt, though I had to pick a specific hunt.

Originally Posted By: calling4lifeSince this, by your own admission is for HUNTER of the year, the hunters that have multiple monthly wins (silverfox, ursus) will have their votes combined correct?

I voted for silverfox, not for a specific hunt, though I had to pick a specific hunt.

I beleive you must look at the "Hunter Of The Year" as an "Author" may write multiple books but only one story/book is awarded as the best seller.

Vaportrail

You are voting on one story as Vaportrail said, not the author. No the votes will not be combined.

Nothing in the announcement mentions voting for the best author. It is a vote for the best story.

Back