Which Shooting Bag/Rest?

Crusader

For you guys that do some shooting off the bench (sighting in, load testing, casual target shooting, not competition), what rear bag do you like? I used to just use various bags for front and back but I'd like to get a little more serious so I bought a mechanical front rest. For the rear, I am thinking about a Protektor rabbit ear "heavy" bag (the one with the hard, flat bottom). Not sure if I want to get the regular or taller version of that.

Anyway, if you guys could relate your preferences and thoughts about this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Crusader I am thinking about a Protektor rabbit ear "heavy" bag (the one with the hard, flat bottom).

i wish i had bought one of them but i got cheap. i've seen one at local range and it was very nice. definetly gonna buy one myself. height im not sure about yet though

I tripod shoot a lot.

I use a empty Lawrence cloth shot bag, I filled it full of corncob from my tumbler supplies and sowed it shut. I sowed a cord loop in the flap to carry it by. Works good when I shoot bench or prone. It works good for my rifles up to 308 above that I use a sand bag made the same way.

I do love my Leadsled.

Back