New Frontier Polymer Lower

Tory

Was just looking around and found these polymer lower that are far as I can tell are clones of the Plum Crazy lowers. Anyone had their hands on one yet?

Look to be the same thing as a PCF right down to the goofy placement of the serial number. Says that they will accept any Mil-spec fire control group.

$99 for a complete lower. [img:center]http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/ind...b0cb13aa813195a[/img]

Edit: Not sure how to get pics to show up.

Last edited:
Actually, the one that I ordered from Guns & Grease (PM sponsor) as a PC lower was stamped New Frontier Armory when I got it. Appears that they are the same critter. Nice snug fit on my DPMS Oracle upper.

Originally Posted By: ToryWas just looking around and found these polymer lower that are far as I can tell are clones of the Plum Crazy lowers. Anyone had their hands on one yet?

Look to be the same thing as a PCF right down to the goofy placement of the serial number. Says that they will accept any Mil-spec fire control group.

$99 for a complete lower. [img:center]http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/ind...b0cb13aa813195a[/img]

Edit: Not sure how to get pics to show up.

Basically the New Frontier Armory lowers are made on the same molds as the PCF lowers but have an upgraded spring kit and a slightly beefier polymer blend. We have a couple hundred headed our way in a few days and will be selling the NFA lowers for $99.95 SHIPPED here once they arrive. Once we have tracking updates we'll get them up on our website and start opening up orders once they arrive at our storefront.

Edit: JoeBob beat me to it.

I did find a few replies on there Youtube account saying they are of the same mold as the PCF but a slightly different (stronger) polymer and an updated fire control group. They did fail to mention how the trigger was updated. (Maybe no longer to put it on safe with the hammer forward?)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ToryEdit: JoeBob beat me to it.

I did find a few replies on there Youtube account saying they are of the same mold as the PCF but a slightly different (stronger) polymer and an updated fire control group. They did fail to mention how the trigger was updated. (Maybe no longer to put it on safe with the hammer forward?)

Not sure exactly on that, but we did get to mess with one for a while when we were getting a hands-on look at SHOT in Vegas this last week and had a meeting with New Frontier Armory. They are definitely stronger polymer, which is never going to hurt anything IMO. The trigger/detent springs being upgraded are a nice plus as well.

Glad to read this news. The NFA folks put together a great upper for me last spring...it will be nice to snap it on a lower with their name on it.

PCF is probably changing the name up because they are trying to market to LE more. They don't want to be toting about AR's with "Plum Crazy" plastered on them. They need to make one with a trigger guard that can be swapped out and life would be good.

Originally Posted By: whitedogonePCF is probably changing the name up because they are trying to market to LE more. They don't want to be toting about AR's with "Plum Crazy" plastered on them. They need to make one with a trigger guard that can be swapped out and life would be good.

Plumcrazy was "rumored" to be changing the name on their lowers approx 2 years ago. This has never happened.

These NEW FRONTIER ARMORY LOWERS are NOT plumcrazy lowers. Same molding company and mold, with upgraded polymer and springs, but an entirely different company. It's not a re-branded PlumCrazy.

Last edited:
Just getting into coyote hunting and don't have an ar so my knowledge is lacking although I have done a lot of looking and reading about them because I would like to get one. With that said, why and/or how a cheaper price than PC if stronger and a better trigger group. This could be a great option for me on a lower with being budget minded.

Originally Posted By: ToryLet us know when you have them in stock JoeBob, I will definitely be trying one out.

They're supposed to be in stock here shortly as they are en-route. We'll post up on here for sure when they arrive and they're live on our website.

Joebob, will these come with buttstocks? Is it possible to be shipped one without a buttstock, or with a buffer tube? Wanna play be the rules.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneIt looks like (from the NFF website) that the $99 is a Introductory price. Any idea how long that will last?

Their web price will be going up to ~$120-$130 as the first retailers are receiving product during this week. Their price on the website doesn't include free shipping, just FYI

Originally Posted By: DustJoebob, will these come with buttstocks? Is it possible to be shipped one without a buttstock, or with a buffer tube? Wanna play be the rules.

Our price on these will be $99.95 w/ free shipping. These will be COMPLETE with M4 6pos buttstocks (commercial tube), LPK installed, etc. They'll be ready to pin an upper on.

Originally Posted By: DustJoebob, will these come with buttstocks? Is it possible to be shipped one without a buttstock, or with a buffer tube? Wanna play be the rules.

What rules is that? If you are wanting to make a pistol you still can, it just cannot be completed as a rifle first.

Last edited:
Tory, it's called being extra safe. I know what has been said, but that doesn't mean that it won't be changed in 3 months. It is the government you know. I like the word intent, and I think that a pic with the FFL paperwork and lower with no riflestock attached shows more intent to build a pistol than the removal of a buttstock before the arbitrary attachment of an upper. Intent is left to interpretation. A dated pic of said lower with buffer tube doesn’t leave much to interpretation. I'd even pay my FFL to install a pistol buffer tube before signing and paying just to make sure.

Back