Savage Does It Again!!

larr

Not too terribly bad for a bone stock off the shelf rifle.

[img:center]
TgtGfx-1.jpg
[/img]

What model Savage? I have a ruger 204 that that shoots good but I am thinking of trading it in for a savage model 10 predator in 204.

Aha- 300. My bad. Very, very good shooting for 300. Congrats. I was reading the load data, idk how I missed the 300 yard part.

I've seen Remington's, I mean other rifles not shoot like that at 100
smile.gif

thanks everyone,this is the first time using VN 530 powder, I'm going to try some different powder loads and see what happens.the wind was blowing around 10mph temp was 31deg.

Originally Posted By: coyotenutWhat model Savage? I have a ruger 204 that that shoots good but I am thinking of trading it in for a savage model 10 predator in 204.
its a LRPV
Originally Posted By: Airedale56Yeah, but a Remington would have hit the bull............
not the one that i replaced with this savage, it wouldn't shoot a 2 in group at a 100yds on its best day. i sent it to my gunsmith and after bedding the stock working on the trigger recrowning it he said to buy a barrel,so i said its for sale and ordered this savage. best thing i ever did.

I to missed the 300 part at first, and I thought ooooh ahhhh ok not so good.

But a .204 at 300yds in 10mph of wind, yeah I'll buy that anytime. And I'm a Remmy fan.

Nice shootin.

I have not used VV530 yet in the .204 but I have used it quite a bit in the 20 Tac which has less case capacity and my max load was 25.6 gr with the 39 gr Sierra so you should be able to get another couple hundred feet per second with a little load work. Looks good though.

Originally Posted By: r15 reeperNice shooting Larr. How do you like the LRPV? What do you think of the weight?
Thanks Pete
thanks i love the rifle, the h-s stock really feels great, its solid and fits my hands nice. the action is smooth as butter and the accutrigger is set at 14ozs and breaks like glass. i really like the right bolt left port configuration. the weight isn't a problem for me i like heavy rifles anyway

Originally Posted By: venaticI have not used VV530 yet in the .204 but I have used it quite a bit in the 20 Tac which has less case capacity and my max load was 25.6 gr with the 39 gr Sierra so you should be able to get another couple hundred feet per second with a little load work. Looks good though.
i plan on experimenting a little more on the powder charge, hopefully the accuracy will stay the same or get better and i can get a few more fps.

Originally Posted By: Airedale56Yeah, but a Remington would have hit the bull.

That would be only by having the target taped to the muzzle.....
w00t.gif

Nice 300yd .204 grouping from your Savage.

I have this same gun. It shoots groups like this at 300 yds as well. I load 8208 instead of VV530. These guns are heavy but like Larr I like a heavy gun. Go Savage!

Larr, What twist do you have? Mine is 1:7

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: Airedale56Yeah, but a Remington would have hit the bull.

That would be only by having the target taped to the muzzle.....
w00t.gif

Nice 300yd .204 grouping from your Savage.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
now thats funny. thanks 5spd

Originally Posted By: Mr. OutdoorsI have this same gun. It shoots groups like this at 300 yds as well. I load 8208 instead of VV530. These guns are heavy but like Larr I like a heavy gun. Go Savage!

Larr, What twist do you have? Mine is 1:7

mine is 12 twist, thats all savage offered when i bought mine. do you have a aftermarket barrel on yours?

Back