Falconry...

BadMedicine

Anybody do it? I raise pigeons...not many, just a few, and alot of wild ones come around too...so I've decided that it's time to go take the falconry test (down at fish&game) and get a permit, then start trying that. It's the only kind of hunting you can do in town, and there are scads of small game and pigeons around...so I'll try it...I've been reading alot about it and think I'll really enjoy it. Lemme know if any of you've done this, or seen it done, it's truly awesome to watch a huge bird grab another out of the air.

I'm going to start with a Northern Goshawk... it'sone of the 4 or 5 birds that beginners are allowed to have up here.

BadM,

When I lived in Juneau, There was a guy who use to come out to the flats in town and hunt ducks with a Peregrine Falcon. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. You might try and get in touch with the Rapitor Center for info, the guy was pertty easy to talk to. Sorry I wish I had a name for you.

------------------

Keep your hooks sharp and you powder dry.

wildoats

Bad Medicine,

You might want to check this old topic we had on falconry, http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000027.html
Another thing to do is try to get ahold of NASA and discuss this with him, he was a falconer for 20 years or so, and really knows his stuff.

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Back