Lookin' thru the archives.........

ryank

I was looking thru old shoe boxes and found this photo.... I don't remember when it was taken but it was at least 2 years ago because buddy is in the picture.

The people in the photo are.... me on the left, my younger brother in the middle, and my brother in law on the right.

Ga70211.jpg

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Great photo! I don't think I've even seen that many pheasants, let alone gotten to shoot them. I guess I'll have to be happy with scaled quail. Smaller, but nearly as tasty.

Ryan, were these wild birds, or were they taken on a "game ranch"? Here in Kalifornication the only pheasants we have access to are pen raised birds. If those were wild birds I really envy you.

Nasa,

Yep those are wild birds. Game farm birds are usually alot smaller, here anyway. Reason being is because they are that years chicks.

About the only time I go to a game farm is before season opens, or when I want to work the dog alittle bit in a controled area.

Terry,

I sure do have room, as long as you don't mind sharing a bed with my dog.
biggrin.gif

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Ryan, there's no comparison in the taste of wild pheasant versus cage birds raised on Purina gamebird chow (fishmeal?). You're a very lucky man to have the real thing right out your back door. Ever tried them smoked?

NASA,

There not exactlly out my back door, I wish they were, I have to go about 200 miles south to get them. Once season opens I make that trip every weekend.

As far as trying them smoked, yes I have..... MAN MY TASTEBUD'S ARE WATERING NOW!

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Back