Bird hunters or not?

Elk Laughing

Ryank,

What do you think bird hunters or not?

Rem::s%20pups%201.jpg

Although it's a little early to tell I think this little gal will be my nexted spoiled dog....hehehe

Rem::s%20pup.jpg

Terry

Those DEFFINATLY look like bird hunters Terry. Looks to me like I would have a tough time figuring out which one I wanted to keep.

So tell me your reason's for picking the one you did. Maybe it will help me out with the next dog I get.

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Ryank,

Like I said it's a little early to tell. You know how there's alway one in the litter that just seams to reach out and pull on your heart strings,
smile.gif
well this little gal is the one doing it right now. It's still to early to make the final decision because their only 12 days old, but she in the lead right now. I usually look for a pup that is out going and does their own thing. I try to stay away from the pup that's the devil in the litter,
biggrin.gif
you know the one that aways fighting with the other pups or running around getting in trouble. If at all posible I'll see the litter two or three times before I make my pick. That way I don't catch them on a bad day and miss the best one. Also on the last trip to see them I'll take my fly rod with a quail wing attached and play with the whole litter and see how they act. I know at seven or eight weeks they don't know about birds yet, but you can get a little feel by how they react.

Terry

[This message has been edited by Elk Laughing (edited 06-23-2001).]

Thank's for the info Terry. That is a good idea about the wing on a fishing rod.

When does your bird season start for you there?

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Ryan,

Which one do you want?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Rem::s%20pup%202.jpg

Rem::s%20Pup%203.jpg

This little guy has a personality that won't stop!!!!

Rem::s%20Pup%204.jpg

Later Terry

[This message has been edited by Elk Laughing (edited 07-07-2001).]

Ryan,

I think she's the one that's going to be coming home with use in about 4 weeks.

I'm sorry that I forgot to answer your ealier question. Pheasant and quail season opens Nov. 11. I can't wait....

Terry

Ryan,

Here's a couple pic's of my final pick. These are pic's of her pointing a pheasant wing at six weeks old.

Terry

kota1.jpg

kota2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Elk Laughing (edited 07-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Elk Laughing (edited 07-25-2001).]

Back