New Black Lab Puppy

I'm picking up my first ever puppy today! I'll be using her for pheasant, quail, and duck hunting. How about some help for a name for her!
smile.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

I once had a girl dog we named Jake, after the song feed jake. She was one of the best hunting dogs we ever had. The name is one syllable, plain, simple, and easy to understand. Also, easy to say when your lips are frozen.

bobcat

I have a German Shorthair that my wife had papered with the name - Klause von Holtenberg. I just named him "Dog".

He works his butt off for me and flat ignores her.

I don't (know) if it means anything real important to a dog, as long as it is simple. It seems to have more importance to people!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

[This message has been edited by shotgun (edited 05-17-2001).]

NCH,

Try to think of a name that doesn't sound similar to the voice commands that you will be teaching her.

Good Luck

Chuck

2 other guys and I own some land along the Platte River that we call Buck Rut Acres. The pup's father was Blackwater Rudy from Texas.

At this point in time, the best suggestion I have gotten is Buck Rut's Blackwater Belle and just call her Belle for short. I can't think of any commands that would interfere with Belle.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Funny you named your dog belle, I name all my dogs the same, females are Belle and the Males are Jake, great names for great dogs, my last Belle died dec. 22 2001 terrible day, I'm sure she retrieved over 500 pheasents and half that many grouse and maybe half that many ducks and geese, she did a lot of hunting and she took me everytime,
the thing about picking names for dogs is that you want one sylable names, and somebody all ready said not to pick a name close to a command, A friend of mine names i his blask Lab, Bo well it was a mistake From a distance, the dog has'nt learned the differnce betgween Bo and NO

Back