OK, try this one on for size............

ryank

Since my post about bad luck didn't take off like I hoped it would let me change it around alittle bit........

Tell us about the most memorable time hunting birds.

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Several years ago my son Kelly, my brother Howard and myself were hunting pheasant near Irwin, Iowa when we came upon a small spring run that was grown up on both sides with rather tall grass. The land was posted but we decided to go ask permission from the farmer, who told us to go ahead and walk that little spring run. Now this little run was not more than 1/4 mile long, and the limit was three birds each. We flushed seven roosters and bagged every single one of them.
smile.gif

------------------
pmcatsig.GIF

Okay, Pheasant hunting in Iowa a couple years back with some buddies. the last day, I shot a rooster but only winged him. He hit the ground running. The dog tried to get him but he fought her off. If I let the bird get out far enough to shoot, the dang dog would get in the way. Finally I said, to heck with it(yeah, right) and took off running after the bird. Did I mention it was snowing and 30 degrees? I got close enough and dove for the bird. I caught it!
biggrin.gif
I was so happy, it took a few seconds to realize I was lying in a puddle of cold slushy icewater, but when I did,I didn't take long to get up. That night, over a supper of grilled pheasant, everybody laughed like hell at my antics. Some guy from Minnesota even got it on tape.

------------------
B.Pierce
yotewalk.gif

Are you gonna' shoot him or what?

Back