Vintage Rifle

MUDSLINGER

im hoping you gals and gents can help me out. i just aquired my grandfathers deer rifle. I went to look at the name that is stamped on the barrel and I've never heard of the name, on a rifle anyway. The barrel reads "HI-STANDARD, HI-POWER-FIELD, model H-100, CAL 30-06" and on the action is stamped, HVA ACTION-made in sweeden. Ahy ideas???? The bolt itself looks alot like a pre-64 model action if thats any help. Thanks in advance

It's a Husqevarna mauser made between 1962-1965. High-Standard was the importer during that time.

They were fairly well-regarded and meant to compete with the M70 Winchester. They're not worth a ton of money but have decent value as "shooters".

take her out and shoot her.....I have one that is a year younger than my self...made in 66...it was my pawpaw wilsons all thru my childhood, and I shot my first deer with it...when he passed on; I was sixteen, and my granny wilson gave me three things...his deer rifle, his wedding band, and his pocket knife....I wear the wedding band, use the pocket knife, and still shoot deer with the old high standard. Mine likes the federal premium 165 grainers.

coyoterookie, i have every intention of shooting this rifle, and it will be on my shoulder this fall during deer season!!! It has been awhile since that gun has taken a deer. Thank for all the info fellas!!!

Bringing this thread outta the basement!!! Anyone know who makes scope ring bases for this rifle, or which ones would fit it, the ones that are on the gun are the "see-thru" rings/bases, they put the scope up to high for me to be comfortable.

Last edited:
Back