Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#212676 - 04/12/01 08:56 PM My First Turkey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well boys I got my first turkey on Tuesday. I'd have a pic but the guys at Wal-Mart kinda let me down on that one. But thats ok another guy down there took a pic so maybe I'll have yall one sooner or later.

But anyways....This was my first real turkey hunt we usually used spring turkey season for a excuse to go down to the lease and shoot hogs and Axis deer.But this year I had decided to call in a turkey.I've been watching it alot on T.V.
We had hunted all day Monday and all Day Tuesday till about 7:00 Tuesday night.I had heard them all over the place but couldn't get one to come into view.Wasen't woking at all like on T.V.Well I was getting about tired of the darn things when I had 3 of the answer me pretty close behind me.I was useing an old Lynch's World Champion box call,thats been arount the deer camp longer than I have.Well those turkeys and I talked back and forth for about 15 minutes.I finally figured I ought to try and get closer them before it go dark so I got up creeped around the edge of the little cedar I had been squatted by.And there about 15-20 yds. from me was a big old nice gobbler.So I raised my gun and BANG early Thanksgiving.So as far as a first impression goes I think Turkey hunting is great and plan to make it a yearly deal.So I'll be pickin ya'lls Brain on how to make it a little easier.

Later,
Justin

[This message has been edited by Jbrad (edited 04-13-2001).]

#212677 - 04/12/01 09:45 PM Re: My First Turkey
AzWill Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Globe - Arizona
Interesting story and a big thumbs up on getting your turkey.

Sounds like to me that in this case, the turkey actually called you into them.

Interesting concept...

------------------

http://www.predatormasters.com

#212678 - 04/13/01 01:57 AM Re: My First Turkey
ryank Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Wisconsin
Great job Jbrad!

And people say that cocaine and heroine are the most addictive thing known to man? Apparently they have never been hunting before.

Ryan

------------------

#212679 - 04/13/01 03:33 PM Re: My First Turkey
Redmist Offline

Loc: Merritt, NC, USA
Congrats to you....you've gone and done it now, t-hunting is very addicting! Tommorrow is the start of our Spring shotgun season out here in Nebraska.....oh yeah...I can taste it now.

AZ?...Do we have a Nebraska Gif Flag on this thing? I cant tell. There are a couple of us on here.....I'll use a Texas flag for now...I'm from San Antonio..the wife is from El Paso..and the kid goes to UT Austin.

#212680 - 04/13/01 03:38 PM Re: My First Turkey
AzWill Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Globe - Arizona
I'll check on it, if we don't have one, I'll be glad to track one down for you...

------------------

#212681 - 04/13/01 03:53 PM Re: My First Turkey
Redmist Offline

Loc: Merritt, NC, USA
Thanks Will!...

------------------
Lost Mountain Ranch
www.LostMountainHunts.com

#212682 - 04/14/01 03:55 PM Re: My First Turkey
azbiggame Offline
Predator Master

Loc: henderson,nv.u.s.a.
Jbrad:Congrats on that "FIRST",Spring Tom.It doesn't get any better.Can you tell by the Great smile on this young hunter,that this Spring Gobbeler was her "FIRST",AZ.N.Rim in
2000--- [IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1345576&a=10152709&p=34059612&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]

Moderator:  DesertRam 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.