Favorite Turkey calls?

Rich Cronk

I have found that it is a good idea to take more than one turkey call along on a hunt. It seems as though the Gobblers can be particular about which sound they will come in to. Usually one good paddle type box call, a push button call or two and a slate are always in my fanny pack while turkey hunting. Which call, or calls are your favorites?

I have used a wingbone for years an really like it,(hard to pick it up and know what the ##LL to do with it) but works for me. Also cary two or three mouth calls,sometimes a box, or a glass . You need to cary several to sound like more than one hen, to make it more tempting.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW SUBJECT LINE

------------------
Jay

my favorite is the perfection diaphram either brown or blue, actually its the wayne carlton elk diaphram only the perfection is about 1/2 the price, carlton has the same deal going with perfection as he dose with critter call, for a locator call I've been using the peacock screamer, they do gobble back nearly every time.

I hate to say this but my favorite turkey call is when the wife is calling out come and get it!
biggrin.gif

I just had to say it
smile.gif

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

If any of you guys know me from the predator hunting boards, you'll know I'm a call nutt! It's hard to pin down a favorite, but I guess my old Lynchs World Champion box call might be fit the bill. A Cody slate call is mighty sweet with a heavy hickory striker, and mouth calls are mostly Primos and now some of the Cody diaphrams.

------------------
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always Right!"

GC i just called in my first big Gobbler yesterday with a Lynchs World Champion Box that has been around the deer camp longer than I have.So in my opinion they work pretty well.

Later,
Justin

Back