Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#212632 - 04/09/01 08:00 AM Favorite Turkey calls?
Rich Cronk Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Western Iowa
I have found that it is a good idea to take more than one turkey call along on a hunt. It seems as though the Gobblers can be particular about which sound they will come in to. Usually one good paddle type box call, a push button call or two and a slate are always in my fanny pack while turkey hunting. Which call, or calls are your favorites?

#212633 - 04/09/01 04:07 PM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have used a wingbone for years an really like it,(hard to pick it up and know what the ##LL to do with it) but works for me. Also cary two or three mouth calls,sometimes a box, or a glass . You need to cary several to sound like more than one hen, to make it more tempting.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW SUBJECT LINE

------------------
Jay

#212634 - 04/11/01 05:23 AM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
howler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Glasgow, Mt.
my favorite is the perfection diaphram either brown or blue, actually its the wayne carlton elk diaphram only the perfection is about 1/2 the price, carlton has the same deal going with perfection as he dose with critter call, for a locator call I've been using the peacock screamer, they do gobble back nearly every time.

#212635 - 04/11/01 08:18 AM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
Greenside Offline
Die Hard Member

#212636 - 04/11/01 01:57 PM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
Jason El Paso Offline
Former Admin / Pro-Staff Advisor

Loc: Bedford,Texas
I hate to say this but my favorite turkey call is when the wife is calling out come and get it!
I just had to say it

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

#212637 - 04/11/01 02:21 PM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
If any of you guys know me from the predator hunting boards, you'll know I'm a call nutt! It's hard to pin down a favorite, but I guess my old Lynchs World Champion box call might be fit the bill. A Cody slate call is mighty sweet with a heavy hickory striker, and mouth calls are mostly Primos and now some of the Cody diaphrams.

------------------
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always Right!"

#212638 - 04/11/01 08:32 PM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

GC i just called in my first big Gobbler yesterday with a Lynchs World Champion Box that has been around the deer camp longer than I have.So in my opinion they work pretty well.

Later,
Justin

#212639 - 04/11/01 08:39 PM Re: Favorite Turkey calls?
AzWill Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Globe - Arizona
While turkeys ain't coyotes, calling them can be just as exciting and they are certainly better to eat.

At least in my book...

------------------

http://www.predatormasters.com

Moderator:  DesertRam 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.