Cat prices

I only sold 5 with a $275 average. Low $75, a shot and sewed up female with milk spots. High a 42" tom-$500. Saved the rest to see if the price goes up any.

I was offered $200 and $300 for a couple of cats the other day. The 200 cat had narrow belly. I held off selling, guess I'll see if I made the right choice later.

Last edited:
I sell most of my hides to rockymtn fur and fireworks in caldwell idaho. Just talked to him today and his tops are $500. There is a auction in idaho this saturday and he said to call back after that.

Hacksaw I think you would be docked severely for unskinned cats. Its worth it to skin them

Man I wish cats would bring them kind or prices around here. Ive always heard a well furre Missouri cat will bring around $100 with an average closer to $50. If I could get $200 a cat I would sell everyone I get without hesitation. Unfortunately, we dont kill that many around here. I killed a 25# male yesterday that thinking about having mounted. If we got them prices there wouldnt be anything to think about. You guys got it good.

Except when you catch a big tom that you want to mount, I usually get 1 big tom a year that goes right at or over the 30lbs mark and I always sell them.

Did anybody hear how they sold at the auction in Idaho? I sold some put up coyotes and carcass stuff to a guy yesterday. My coyotes averaged $62. The carcass coyotes were $25. He looked at my cats and low balled me!!! He does it everytime. He priced them in that $200-$300 range. I'll keep em all ath that price.

Petska Fur was in Sheridan last Friday, I sold all my coon
at $10 each, asked him what bobcats were bringing and he
said 2-500 but that it was early yet.

"If you're lucky enough to live in Wyoming, you're lucky enough"

I've been gettin anyhere from 70 to 100 on the cobb. Havnt sold any big toms though. have one in the freezer thats really nice. hopin to get150 or so for him.

How many sold? Word on the street is theres not very many cats being caught this year.
Prices will go up as the season ends. I won't sell mine until the first of March.

Back