Hey borkon

kirby

Finally got a little snow
blink.gif
Maybe just maybe? I will kilt something today.

We got cold up here but still not much for snow. Might get a inch tonight which we really need. Did see one this morning, but didn't want to play.

yeah Kirby Dogg! have been waiting and waiting and...........
laugh.gif

looks like middle of Oct. around here.
frown.gif
. headed down to the Sodak/Nodak border today. bout 2-3 inches of snow. seen 2,killed 2. one was a HOGGER
scared.gif

anything of the lion???

Last edited:
Got around an inch of snow. Only seen a few coyote tracks. After driving most of the county. I can't believe how low the pop is. I've never seen so little coyote sign in my life.

Group hunters & trappers been hammering them hard the last few yrs. Apparently they caught up with the pop.
Seen only two Red tracks this Winter in my area. One went into a den hole. The other a culvert tube.

Been checking for lion sign, nothing so far. Need a good snow that stays more than a day or two.

Deer hunters up the wahzoo hunting along the river. Where these lions are & have been.

I suspect the lions got pushed out for awhile. Can't wait for deer season to get over with.

Should've killed some of the coyotes I seen last yr. I haven't even pulled my rifle from it's case yet this season.

Last edited:
yeah.........well............. i see no 9mm?? still waiting!! don't break your promise
lol.gif

i see you got some snow finally

That pr seen me before I seen them borkon = game over for me. I drove over 100 miles of gravel yesterday. Seen only a few coyote & Red tracks. Coyotes are near non-existant this season. Reds still holing up in culverts & not laying out. I haven't seen such low numbers or lack of coyote sign since 1968
blink.gif

Suppose? to get a good snow Friday. We'll see I reckon.

at least you seen some fox. i think i've seen 4 since nov here. still some coyotes around but i'm whittling away at them.

No borkon I haven't seen any Reds out yet. They hole up most days during daylight hrs.

Whoop there it is.
386497e4.jpg

Last edited:
Well borkon I muffed another sighting. I couldn't I.D. this long range oval speck. So I took a few pics & moved on. Later on I zoomed in the pics. Two Reds laying next to each other.
rolleyes.gif

027700c0.jpg

Last edited:
Coyote tucked in a terrace drift on the down-wind slope.
Coyote is out around 700+/- yrds. Coyote seen me 1st & didn't wait around for an invite. So I snapped a few pics in the meanwhile.
48402dd9.jpg

Reds out around 500yrds +/-. There was a pr tucked in this drifted weed patch on the down-wind side. I passed on them. I'm pretty sure this is the old female I've been taking pics of & her pups the last couple of yrs. She gets a free pass from me
wub.gif
laugh.gif
blink.gif

b1c22385.jpg

Last edited:
They sleep "lightly" that is for sure. I've watched quite afew coyotes in my rifle scope or through my spotter scope. Some even though they were balled-up "sleeping" Still had their eyes open.

Other coyotes I watched from lone range through my rifle scope. If I heard a distant noise, one or both of their ears rotated towards the same noise. They miss very little.

Well I have until the end of the month to get me a pistol Red. Its getting down to the wire? now
mellow.gif

OUT OF THE 100'S OF COYOTES I'VE SPOTTED, EVEN AT LONG RANGE (EVEN A MILE) WITH MY SPOTTING SCOPE, VERY FEW HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN CURLED UP SLEEPING LIKE A RED. USALLY THERE EARS ARE PERKED AND THEY SEEM TO ALWAYS BE PANNING.
OOPPP'S, sorry for the screaming
blush.gif

very true, i have only seen two really sleep and both of them are dead and both were layed out on there sides and wouldn't hardly wake up for a full howl blast at 200yds just would roll over.

Back