For you guys that film...Important!!!

RanUtah

Some of you might want to put your 2 cents into this if your doing any filming at all. Again, its the Goverment trying to make a buck off of the little guy.

Click Here

Last edited:
"...national forest, wilderness, or parks land have the discretion to decide if commercial filming will be allowed"

Yea, Ok it's another Government intrusion of sorts, but they are talking about "commercial" i.e. 'for profit' filming the way I interpret the word 'commercial'. Don't see it as a real big deal.

I don't see too many pros identifying on video where they are hunting specifically anyway.... ranger sees you with an expensive camera and maybe some pro has his name splattered all over his vehicle, guess you are asking to get charged for filming then!

Last edited:
It isn't any different to film a movie in a big city. Chicago has had a permit fee for years. It covers things like street closing and overtime for police. BUT

Quote: The problem is, after we brought this issue to their attention two years ago, Congress sent an edict to DOA and DOI to reign in the rigid enforcement and work with producers and photographers to create a workable system for the benefit of all.

The scary part is, are they going to charge the avgerage person to take a senic photographic. or a hunter to take their harvest picture.

http://professionaloutdoormedia.org/news/senate-bill-1241-filming-public-lands-permit

This is the link. Copy and paste and then email it to the senator. I just spoke with Guy Eastman about this. He said they have to carry a 1 millon dollar insurance policy just to film on public land. And on top of that its 150-500 per day they film. And the application process can take up to 6 months.

This is obviously geared towards the hollywood filming crew, which is understandable. But the new bill states its a yearly permit that costs $200 for any crew under 5 people. Which is a heck of a lot better then how it is now. Please take the time and do this even if you dont film. Help us fellow hunters. Thanks

Any time you stand to make a profit on Federal or State land, you must purchase the necessary permits for the BLM or specific Forest you plan to be filming, guiding or profiting in any way on. You must also be insured. Anyone that has filmed a predator, big game hunt or other activity on federal or state land without the the required permits can be prosecuted.

So it's not really public property, owned by the taxpayers?

Taking a picture does not impact the environment in any way or take anything away, and my camera is my personal property.

We really need to clean house - Congress I mean, and put someone there who has some common sense - if indeed there is anyone left running for office that has any.

Crazy is as crazy does.

It is just another way for them to milk money for everybody here in NC if you do not buy the sportsman license you have to buy a extra permit to hunt gameland or goverment land with just your reg hunting license

Back