H 335 loads for .243 ?

Orneryolfart357

Going through My Nosler manual they show H335 for 70 gr bullets. I know there are better powders for the .243 but just wondering if anyone has tried it?

never tried it my cousin is trying to get me to give 414 a try. i had bad luck with h4350 paired with 95gr nbt. for me benchmark is where im at with a 55gr nbt.

I'm working on a load right now using H335, but with the 58 gr V-Max. I have 3 out of 5 touching, and am "tweaking" it now. Just waiting for the weather to get a little better to see if I'm making a difference.

I use it behind the sierra 85g sgk hp bullet & out of my sporter bbl I get .800" @ 100 yds with it and 2.5" @ 400yds, good powder imo. Burns clean also.

Just remember h335 is not a stable powder and if you work up a stiff load in the winter you may be popping some primers or worse in the summer. We run it in 223 ai with heavy bullets and do all our load work in the summer then make new drops in the winter as it changes quite a bit.

LWILLIAMS

5spd thanks for the info. Im definately gonna have to try it.
LWilliams, I use H335 in my 223's 99% of the time, and it has worked well even on hot days But Im not loading Max either. I will keep that advice in mind for the 243 as well. Thanks.

Maybe it is just a problem in our 223ai loads with the 75 gr a max. We are pushing max in them and when the weather gets hot, out hot loads like to eat primers.

Back