Cost of bobcat mounts?----Picture added

cathntr

I was just wondering what I can expect to pay for a decent bobcat mount. Ive had one done before and it cost $350 but it didnt turn out the greatest. I think it looks good but you can tell the taxi took some short cuts. Ive checked around to some of the local taxidermist and it seems like $450 is the going rate. This price does not include the habitat but will be mounted on a piece of barnwood if I choose. Does this price seem high or about where it should be. If its normal I plan to go ahead and drop it off and will probably make my own habitat base.

Last edited:
$450. around here would be a good deal. I would ask to see some of his work though. I have one at the taxi right now and am paying around $750.

Casey

I have seen some his work. He only lives about 3 miles from me and has won several awards for his stuff. I kinda figured the base would be included in the price but seems like it isnt. The last one I had done came with the piece of drift wood that the cat was mounted on. $275 is definately cheaper than anything I hear about.

theres a guy in Macon, MO that does amazing bobcat mounts and he charges I think $550. I've seen alot of nice cats done by other taxidermist but hes one of the best and habitat is included in his prices. He'll do mine if I ever get another one

Its Jim Rice, Cutting Edge Taxidermy

Last edited:
If you're in Missouri, look up Cole Cruickshank at Timberland Taxidermy or Codi Wissman. Both do a good cat. If you still can't find anyone, pm me and I'll send you some pics of my work
wink.gif

Here in North Carolina prices range from $300 up with the average being around $600. Remember - You get what you pay for! I would check their work before spending the money.

Last edited:
I paid 750 for mine and it is pretty good. Don't skimp on a cat mount they are hard to do and you can wreck your trophy in a hurry if they don't look good.

They are not hard to do! I don't know why most taxidermists get them wrong but they seem to always have the eyes open way too wide. Makes them look scared to death.I have no trouble mounting them myself, not any harder then any other animal.

There's a good Taxidermist up by Cherokee Pass,Hwy 67 Fredericktown MO in Wayne County I believe?Its Ozark Mountain Taxidermy,he has my 11-Point Buck there now and does some very nice work on Bobcats.I'm thinking it cost around $450.00-$600.00 for a full Bobcat Mount,just tanning the hide is a lot cheaper.

devinamelunke@msn.com

Last edited:
I made a call a few days ago about a pedstal mount it was $300 and a full body was $500. Don't know why i was asking I can't seem to kill a cat to save my life.

Don't get cheap on a cat. get some references, maybe go look at his other cats Do some checking Cats are to hard to come by to screw it up now.

I second Cole at Timberland Taxidermy in Cameron Mo. He does good work and when I get a cat he will do mine. He is real good on all furbearers

wow!!! i could not even think about paying that much money for a mount. my guy does cats, foxes, and other small critters for 275. did a full body coyote mount for 300. have 7 different deer mounts and he charges 215. yal could drive to oklahoma and use him and still not spend the money yal would at home.

DSC_0497.jpg

What do you guys think of this mount? Its kind of hard to tell from this angle but someone obviously thinks it looks good for him to win an award. One of the local taxis im talking to mounted it. Im supposed to go look at some more he did in person this week sometime.

Back