Going hunting tonight....finallyyyyyy!!!

jinxed247

Seems like forever that I was able to get out. It's either the weather being super windy and rainy/snow or I don't have anybody to watch my kids....Now the weather is finally cooperating....the wind has died down to almost non-existant and it's a blamy 10degrees out....and my wife will be home to watch the kids!!!

Seems like the stars might be aligning tonight!!! Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Ugghhhh.....man I am having bad luck this year! SO I went out the other night...weather was perfect-cold and hardly any wind. Coyotes were responding to the female invitation and it seemed that wherever we set up we would have coyotes answering us.

None came in though. It was a frustrating night. Usually, we have found that you have to be on stand for at least an hour before they come in (up here in my neck of the woods...not always but it's the norm rather than the exception).

We got busted leaving a stand sight, after being there for almost an hour and a half. As we were heading out we heard snow crunching and flipped on a flashlight and sure enough a coyote was hauling butt out of the area.

Still felt good getting out though...oh yeah as I was getting ready to go I was putting my stuff on the back porch to get it used to the cold when I heard a god aweful racket in the backyard so I ran in to get my light when my wife pulled in the driveway. I came back outside and she's freaked out asking me what that noise was and I shined the light at the noises (there were two foxes barking at each other. One was in my backyard and the other was in the neighbors).

Might be able to get out sometime this week. Hopefully with better luck!

Back