Dead Coyote Hevi-Shot

zlaj3737

I took a guy this morning that hasnt ever been we went to a good location called 4 yotes in first thing! He had my 223 and I had my shotgun with the dead coyote load... let me first say they are high on price, but following that they are worth it dropped one on the run at 65-75 yards and had just a reg remington choke in! If you are serious into coyote hunting like myself you need to try it! Wont educate as many coyote that come in close cause you can take them out on the run!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesIs it fairly common for you to kill coyotes on the run at 65-75 yards with your shotgun?
Doughtful for me!

Jack

Probably wont see it often without another round or 2 in him but i would say it could very easily be done. Im just sometimes skeptical about internet range guesstimates!!!!! Especially on the internet!! I have seen too many 400 yard shots turn out to be 200 when you throw the laser to it!!!!
smile.gif

Last edited:
scared.gif
Don't tell me that those 17 cal guys are fibbin about their 300 & 400 yard kills!

In all seriousness, I'm sure the Dead Coyote hits em pretty hard ... I'd try to get em in a little closer if they're willing.

Still can't get myself to spend $4 a round on a coyote, though

Congrats on the shotgun kill!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: WebopperI do it all the time Larry, but I'm pretty BA like that!!! Sometimes I let them get out to 85 so I can lob it in.

Heck Brian, I told you that pistol grip would make that shotgun reach way the he11 out there! I probably should of kept it.
wink.gif

As it is, I'm only half BA.
frown.gif

Quote:i would say it could very easily be done.

Not by me or anybody I know. But I'm not very good with a shotgun and the guys I know are worse than me.
smile.gif

Quote: I have seen too many 400 yard shots turn out to be 200 when you throw the laser to it!!!!
smile.gif

Ain't that the truth. I sometimes even think yards gets confused with feet. 65-75 yards is a long ways to make any kind of consistent kills on coyotes with a shotgun.

We've all made the occasional lucky, amazing, freakish, awesome, once in a lifetime, blah, blah, blah shots. If you haven't, you will someday.
smile.gif
Anyone that claims they can pull some of this crap time after time after time is full of it.

To the guys that are being nah sayers do your research before you open your mouth! Advertised 70+ yards on the dead coyote load! Have you shot it yet and patterned it? No? Then dont knock someone that is giving a review on a product! Yes it is the first coyote I have shot with the load and would I take the shot again? absolutely! As far as distances go I shoot bows competitively im pretty sure I know what 65-75 yards looks like!!!

I would like to say that I didn't doubt your estimate on the distance of your kill, but I do feel that if you tried shooting them everytime at that distance ... you will end up with alot more misses than hits.

shocked.gif

Ya I dont mind a debate, or a disagreement! I just was getting the feeling that some ppl were calling bs on what I was saying! Not saying one might get away everyone once in a while at that distance! Everyone has there limits on how far they shoot anything Guns, bows, shotguns.....

Also like to mention that everyone here loves to see photos of the kills!

Carry a camera in the field next time you go out. I like seeing the different terrain that people get to hunt. I give alot of credit to anyone who shotguns a coyote. It's quite an accomplishment.

Originally Posted By: zlaj3737To the guys that are being nah sayers do your research before you open your mouth! Advertised 70+ yards on the dead coyote load! Have you shot it yet and patterned it? No? Then dont knock someone that is giving a review on a product! Yes it is the first coyote I have shot with the load and would I take the shot again? absolutely! As far as distances go I shoot bows competitively im pretty sure I know what 65-75 yards looks like!!!

What sort of patterns do you get at 70 yards?

Didnt do it at 70 yards did it at 60 and had 19 in kill zone and others that would hit the coyote but not in the head of or vitals! BTW I was surprised myself by this load but am a firm believer in it now so are the two guys that watched it happen! No one told me how to post pics and I will post pics of the coyote that just got it with the dead coyote load! He was a big male

Originally Posted By: zlaj3737To the guys that are being nah sayers do your research before you open your mouth! Advertised 70+ yards on the dead coyote load! Have you shot it yet and patterned it? No? Then dont knock someone that is giving a review on a product! Yes it is the first coyote I have shot with the load and would I take the shot again? absolutely! As far as distances go I shoot bows competitively im pretty sure I know what 65-75 yards looks like!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble sunshine, but I have been there and done the patterning. To be honest, I never made it out to your 70+ yard number. The patterns started looking like crap well under that.

One example of anything isn't much to go by. Find a dozen more coyotes willing to run around out there at those distances you "know" are 65-75 yards and shoot at em. Then you'll have a meaningful review you can give.

There are a lot of products "advertised" to do this, that, and everything in between. Sometimes the companies exaggerate about their products a little. Just a little.

By the way, nice job on killing that coyote way the he11 out there.
thumbup1.gif

Back