Trijicon Accupoint

I have the 2.5x10 amber triangle accupoint. I absolutely love this scope and highly recommend it for predator hunting. The 56mm objective lense lets in a ton of light, and the BAC triangle allows for fast tracking and shooting of moving targets. I also like the fact that you can see the triangle even in total darkness. The only drawback is when shooting past 300 yards, but they also make a mildot version for longer range shooting. In my opinion, the quality of the glass is as good or better than any Nikon or Leupold that I own. Just my 2 cents....

My friend just bought the 3x9x40 Green Mil dot and it seems to be a very nice scope as far as the glass quality and is very nice for nite hunting with the fiber optic/Tridium dot. I might be replacing my Illuminated Mildot for one next season, nice not to have to worry about turing on the light for quick nite shooting.

You are looking at a good scope.
My buddy runs an ACOG on his AR15 that lights up red. It is supposed to be calibrated for 5.56 out to 800yds but I have not put it to the test yet.

Have you found any deals on one?

I bought an amber dot 3-9 x 40 and liked it so much I went back and bought the 3-9 x 40 Mildot my dealer had too. I haven't used it yet, but have a plan for a groundhog that keeps tearin' the dirt/gravel floor up in on of my lean to sheds. It's semi dark in there, but I am shooting into it from the outside, where it's light. This appears to be the ticket and I too don't like fooling around with batteries and switches.

I was watching an Africian hunting show the other night and the president of the Trijicon was out there using the new green dot scope on dangerous game. He said they had the red and orange out and now he thought the new green was more crisp and in low light he could see better with it. Now this guy is the head of the company testing the scope under the same conditions any hunter would find himself in. I thought that was pretty good. Never knew much about their scopes, but next scope I'll check into them.

I have a 3-9x40 on my AR. I like it a lot better than the illuminated reticle 3.5-10x50 Vari-XIII i have. I think the accupoint has better glass, and the illumination is much better. I like that it's always ready to go (no need to fool around with a rheostat, etc.) and i don't have to worry about batteries. Also, the "brightness" of the dot always seems to be perfect IMO, day or night.

I have a 2.5-10X56 and love it! Very clear good quality scope. The fiber optic amber dot i use works extremely well in low light situations.

transbrake

What type of rifle do you have this scope on, and the rings
you using? Do you hunt at nite? Is that a amber dot with plex?

Unlike everyone else that replied I have actually owned one of the TA23R 5-20x50 scopes. I will say that I absolutely love the scope and that there are a couple of quirky things about it that drive me nuts. I selected the red post and the lines that form the post appear different under different lighting conditions as if they are not straight or of even width best described as a line drawn by a 5 yr old. That however does not effect the red triangle which is the aiming point at all. This issue is believed to be due to the fiber optic. That said the cross hair and mil dot versions do NOT suffer the same problem. My only other negative issue wiht the optic is that it only has 50 moa of internal adjustment and I prefer more for extreme long range work. This scope however is Trijicons first Tactical with Tactical knobs and they got the knobs right they feel Awesome the power ring has a rubber feel and is very positive and I will say that I absolutely Love the scope. If I had the money in hand I would buy one in a heartbeat. I am a huge Trijicon Fan and own three of their optics currently and trust them with my life. The glass is quite comarable to Nightforce for half the price and the illumination is better.

Urimaginaryfrnd

Trijicons are nice scopes but comparing the glass of a Trijicon to a NF is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

You've seen the scope ratings on the SWFA forums since you post there often. Trijicon is rated at 3 levels below NF.

Urimaginaryfrnd
The 5-20x50 is the scope I am going to put on a remington
700 22-250. What size and type of scope rings are you using?

If you want to keep the ring and base cost down look at the Talley ringmounts they are alloy but very solid. If you want a really nice system try a Talley picatinny base with a La Rue tactical quick detach low ring up to 50mm obj 30mm tube. There are several nice solid ring and base systems Badger Ordnance is one of my favorites but a bit spendy. The Warne rings are quite solid and reasonably priced and they have a nifty little torque wrench to keep from over tighening the ring screws and ruining the scope tube.

As for the rateing of glass NF vs Trijicon I dont really care for NF glass BUT I rate their mechanicals top quality so I consider their glass needing improvement and Trijicons glass at least as good to my eye better. NF has awesome reticles and knobs that match the reticle this is a good thing. The scope scale takes into account all aspects of the scope not just glass and the fine quality of the mechanicals makes up for a lot of shortcoming in NF glass. NF realizes their glass needs improvement expect that soon. Leupold has also taken a beating for having less than great glass and has been working really hard to change that we are starting to see some really nice scopes in the Leupold line. Top end glass is still Heinsoldt the tactical Zeiss, Swarovski, Premier, Kahles. The truth is that so long as a scope is mechanically reliable and holds its zero well or has accurate reliable adjustments one can kill a lot of game with less than the best quality glass. The quality of glass effects the owner enjoyment of looking through the scope more than anything else. Where really good glass does make the bigest difference in in low light and shadow where it can make the difference between seeing game or not. If you have a scope with great glass and you dont have a reticle that helps you get on target either by means of illumination or a balistic reticle you may just get a great clear view of the animal running away. One of the most important and often over looked aspects of selecting a scope is how much internal adjustment the scope has. I am a big fan of Trijicon illumination and of scopes that have tactical knobs but I think a lot of guys over look the value of something like a fixed 6x42 Leupold FX3 with long range duplex. 6x42 gives a 7mm exit eye pupil so it is as bright as a 42mm objective can be in low light. If you have a variable scope watch how much brighter it gets when you dial down to around 6x at dusk. The improvements in glass in that FX3 scope in the last couple years have make it a true bargain. With a fixed power the balistic reticle is always correct and with a second focal plane balistic reticle a lot of guys tend not to understand that what the marks below center represent in terms of distance -- changes every time you change the power of the scope. First Focal Plane scopes have a reticle that appears to grow larger or smaller with the change of power because the marks always remain true so a first focal plane scope like a Super Sniper Mil Quad reticle is a very useful tool. We are starting to also see some FFP balistic reticles in a few hunting scopes but one can use a Mil based reticle like a balistic reticle easily by running a balistic trajectory in MIL rather than MOA or Inches then use the mildots for known distance hold over. So Good Glass --Nice to have. Good Mechanicals - Most important. Practice with your tool of choice -- Critical. Start early practice often know your tools and hit what you intend to.

NF to Trijicon is apples to oranges anyway the application is different unless you consider the new TARS Trijicon Sniper optic.

Last edited:
Here is a Remmington 700 with a plus 20 moa Talley picatinny rail and La Rue quick detach low rings. The scope is a Super Sniper 3-9x42 with a 30mm tube and 42 mm objective as you can see there is plenty of room for a 50 mm objective.
KN7Lw.jpg

Back