Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer

I have a l.e. wilson trimmer. It is does not have the mic., but it does have the stand with the shark fin. It works well, you won't be disappointed. Also pick up an optional part the power attachment. I hope this helps.

I like it! works great. Still dont like labor involved in case trimming even with power tools to help.Only trimmer worth buying if you demand good results.

I have one and love mine. You will need different case holders for different families of cases, but other than that its pretty darn good.
I don't have the mic adjustment on mine either, however I just rough set it with calipers first then try a trim and adjust to the "perfect" length. It rarely takes me more than a minute or two.
Mine has held up very well, I cant even begin to guess how many thousand cases its trimmed to date. Still using the original cutter on it too.

I really like my Sinclair Stainless Ultimate trimmer!
thumbup.gif

Probably the neatest tool I have on my reloading bench.

It's design is second-to-none!

I have one and would totally recommend it. I don't have the one with the mic either, but I am thinking of upgrading and getting the decked out one. I wouldn't be without one.

im interested in one also but im kinda scared off by all the case holders id need to buy. And why does sinclair show that id need a different holder for if the brass is new or used?? that would double the amount of holders id need too.

The holders can get costly. They are what makes it such a great design. Once you have it on your bench and put it to use, you won't think about what it cost you! It's that good.

I have one and I think it is a great design and a great tool. I would recommend it to anyone, the case holders do get expensive but as was already said that is what makes it so great.

I had ordered one from Sinclair a few weeks ago on backorder to trim 22-250 and 308 cases (ordered the appropriate shell holders as well). I have read some other reviews on this site and other sites but wanted everyone's opinions on it. Seems to be a quality trimmer. Thanks for your input!

I've had mine about a year and I really like it. I'm making 300 Whisper brass with mine and they come out perfect every time. I do have the mic on mine.

The case holders are only about $10 each and they do an entire family of cartridges for the most part for example if you get the 308 Win it will also do the 243, 260 remington, 7mm 08 and so on. The 223 will also do the 222. Also once you buy them they will never go bad, unless you do something stupid to them...storing in salt water etc.

I have one and like it - it will trim to very consistent lengths once you are used to setting it up and using it.
The shell holders for some (not all) calibers specify different holders for new and used cases because the fired cases have expanded slightly and are a little too large in diameter for the "new" or unfired holder. The first few calibers that I loaded for, I bought both, but I generally get my brass by reloading once fired factory ammo or buying once fired, so I really do not need the " new" holders. Unfired brass often will not require trimming until after one or two firings, so the " new" holder, for me at least, is not used much if at all.

Last edited:
I got it in the mail today and really like the feel of it and how it's made. I will have a greater appreciation once I start trimming cases!
smile.gif

Ive had mine for around 7 years. Started out just plain trimmer with stand, now its all tricked out with base,shark fin,and micrometer. Have never used anything else and never will. Very consistant trimming. Otherwords love it.

It comes with the cuting part, right? The description says accessories sold seperately and there are a couple depending on the caliber, and it's listed as an accessory, but I figure it comes with the cutting part. Maybe a stupid question, but thought I'd check.

Mine came with the basic body, adjustment mechanism and the cutter. I ended up getting the little wilson case holder and a stand for mine. Love it.

IMG-20120125-00303.jpg

Just looked at the pic, it still looks all nice and new after all these years...good stuff!

Last edited:
Back