Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2121249 - 01/21/12 02:58 PM Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer
BlueDevil Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Saskatchewan, CANADA
Anyone use one? what are your thoughts? Thanks!

#2121260 - 01/21/12 03:09 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: BlueDevil]
chefpierre Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Da UP of michigan
I have a l.e. wilson trimmer. It is does not have the mic., but it does have the stand with the shark fin. It works well, you won't be disappointed. Also pick up an optional part the power attachment. I hope this helps.

“No matter what is going on in my life, when the sights are aligned and the hammer is about to fall, nothing in the world matters at that second. It’s my nirvana.” - SGT Robert Evans

#2121274 - 01/21/12 03:27 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: chefpierre]
smirker Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Georgia
I like it! works great. Still dont like labor involved in case trimming even with power tools to help.Only trimmer worth buying if you demand good results.

#2121293 - 01/21/12 03:43 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: smirker]
ab_bentley Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Dresden, Ohio 43821
It's a must for the serious reloader. I have one and wouldn't trade it for any other. Adam

Originally Posted By: gary paugh
I once got off 9 shots at a running coyote I never would have been able to miss him so many times if I had a bolt action.

#2121862 - 01/21/12 11:32 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: ab_bentley]
BigKev Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas, USA
I have one and love mine. You will need different case holders for different families of cases, but other than that its pretty darn good.
I don't have the mic adjustment on mine either, however I just rough set it with calipers first then try a trim and adjust to the "perfect" length. It rarely takes me more than a minute or two.
Mine has held up very well, I cant even begin to guess how many thousand cases its trimmed to date. Still using the original cutter on it too.

#2122304 - 01/22/12 12:20 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: BlueDevil]
Ricky Bobby Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southern illinois
I really like my Sinclair Stainless Ultimate trimmer! thumbup

Probably the neatest tool I have on my reloading bench.

It's design is second-to-none!

#2122409 - 01/22/12 01:27 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: Ricky Bobby]
jdunham Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Upstate NY
I have one and would totally recommend it. I don't have the one with the mic either, but I am thinking of upgrading and getting the decked out one. I wouldn't be without one.

#2122415 - 01/22/12 01:37 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: jdunham]
skidooracer_99 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
im interested in one also but im kinda scared off by all the case holders id need to buy. And why does sinclair show that id need a different holder for if the brass is new or used?? that would double the amount of holders id need too.

#2122493 - 01/22/12 02:40 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: skidooracer_99]
Ricky Bobby Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southern illinois
The holders can get costly. They are what makes it such a great design. Once you have it on your bench and put it to use, you won't think about what it cost you! It's that good.

#2122509 - 01/22/12 02:54 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: Ricky Bobby]
ILyotekilla1 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: WI/IL
I have one and I think it is a great design and a great tool. I would recommend it to anyone, the case holders do get expensive but as was already said that is what makes it so great.

#2122541 - 01/22/12 03:18 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: ILyotekilla1]
BlueDevil Offline
Seasoned Member

I had ordered one from Sinclair a few weeks ago on backorder to trim 22-250 and 308 cases (ordered the appropriate shell holders as well). I have read some other reviews on this site and other sites but wanted everyone's opinions on it. Seems to be a quality trimmer. Thanks for your input!

#2122578 - 01/22/12 03:41 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: BlueDevil]
Retooferab Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Arkansas
I've had mine about a year and I really like it. I'm making 300 Whisper brass with mine and they come out perfect every time. I do have the mic on mine.
"A free people ought not only need to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence for any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their OWN government." George Washington

#2122648 - 01/22/12 04:42 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: Retooferab]
BigKev Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas, USA
The case holders are only about $10 each and they do an entire family of cartridges for the most part for example if you get the 308 Win it will also do the 243, 260 remington, 7mm 08 and so on. The 223 will also do the 222. Also once you buy them they will never go bad, unless you do something stupid to them...storing in salt water etc.

#2123359 - 01/22/12 11:05 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: skidooracer_99]
volfan Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Tennessee
I have one and like it - it will trim to very consistent lengths once you are used to setting it up and using it.
The shell holders for some (not all) calibers specify different holders for new and used cases because the fired cases have expanded slightly and are a little too large in diameter for the "new" or unfired holder. The first few calibers that I loaded for, I bought both, but I generally get my brass by reloading once fired factory ammo or buying once fired, so I really do not need the " new" holders. Unfired brass often will not require trimming until after one or two firings, so the " new" holder, for me at least, is not used much if at all.

Edited by volfan (01/22/12 11:13 PM)

#2125513 - 01/24/12 04:21 PM Re: Sinclair - Wilson Ultimate Trimmer [Re: volfan]
BlueDevil Offline
Seasoned Member

I got it in the mail today and really like the feel of it and how it's made. I will have a greater appreciation once I start trimming cases! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.