Mid day coyote hunting??

gator4ever

I was curious to find out if hunting coyotes during the middle of the day was worth it?

I am totally new to this. I know that deer, turkey, hogs usually feed early and late depending and other factos. But since coyotes have to hunt for their food. I would assume that they are actively seaking a meal?

I am correct or not?

yes, if you get into their territory they're just as aggressive at midday as they are any other time with maybe the exception of night hunting. As far as doing things different I call a little bit longer than I normally would but that's about it.

Originally Posted By: skipjackyes, if you get into their territory they're just as aggressive at midday as they are any other time with maybe the exception of night hunting. As far as doing things different I call a little bit longer than I normally would but that's about it.

if you call at mid day is it distress calls or coyote contact calls or howls? I have never tried contact calls too much during mid day just because I dont hear them during that period that much in our area.

Both. I usually open with a howl to wake them up then go to a quiet distress. The main thing I try to do is get in closer than I usually would. I actually like a little more wind for midday calling. It allows you to get snuck in a little closer without being heard. I don't worry as much about being seen during midday as being heard. I'm not an expert though so if someone else has more advice please chime in.

Back