called in a DOG this afternoon. PLEASE READ FOUND POINTER IN AZ

nastynatesfish

i was sitting a stand on the way from work and called in a dog. kinda worried me cause he was hungry and though i was gonna have to shoot him.
it had a Rabbies tag on it so i called the number and got the owners name JD Little from Asotin County Washington State.
the dog is a Irish Pointer about 1.5yrs old. i dropped him off at the animal shelter. if ANYone is in washington state or arizona and knows this person ill have the Pointer on Tuesday. if hes yours please call 9283488432

That is funny. I called in a pitbull and a black lab on wednesday afternoon. The pit almost got a face full of #4 buck but peeled off the charge as I was about to let him have it. If he wasn't smart enought to have a lab as a friend he would be feeding the buzzards. Good luck

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfishim gonna adopt him come monday if nobody claims him, hes to good a dog to have put down.

You sir, are a good guy!
thumbup1.gif

If my little dog ever gets lost from home, I sure hope that somebody like you finds him.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneI'll post it over on gundogforum

thanks alot. i already have two dogs dont really have room for a third but...

monday when i get him im gonna get a couple pics and try to post them so if anyone is a member on another site up there maybe they can post them for me. his tail was chewed up a little like he was getting chased by coyotes and he had cactus needles all over him. i should have just brought him home but i have about 45 miles of highway/freeway driving to do and didnt know how he would handle it. already figured a name for him, Arroyo, being i called him in a wash lol. anyhow thanks for all the words and any help you guys can offer. id effin lose it if something like this happened to my lab...

I posted this thread up on the Washington Forum over at TheRefugeForums.com (duck hunting site)

It just dawned on me, alot of folks from up north winter in AZ in their RV's, around Quartzite & Kingman AZ. Theres a good chance this is where the dog came from. Just a thought.

Lee

Originally Posted By: BPSI posted this thread up on the Washington Forum over at TheRefugeForums.com (duck hunting site)

It just dawned on me, alot of folks from up north winter in AZ in their RV's, around Quartzite & Kingman AZ. Theres a good chance this is where the dog came from. Just a thought.

Lee

im thinking it was a hunter. hes been out there a little while because he was pretty skinny. im in willcox and there is really no snowbirds this far down this time of year. ive looked at safeway and called the vet here to see if anyone even called a lost dog in. last night i googled Little and called 9 numbers in washington to see if i could get lucky and catch someone.

go have hom scanned, if he has a chip you might come closer to contacting the owner. I dont understand why the tag had a phone number that did not ring the owner??

Monday morning call 509-243-4717. That is the records department of the Asotin county sherrifs office, deputy told me they could probably get you in touch with JD Little.

Good on ya for helping that dog out. There are also rescue groups that will foster a dog until placed with a family, rather than sit in a Dog Shelter. Good luck.

Back