Loudmouths,that don't own dk

bgtme, As a retired LEO, I would contact the supervisor for the agency officer that you originally contacted and ask for a status update of the case...

Next, contact the relevant County Prosecutor/States Attorney about his take on the case...While no assault or battery was indicated..., "Brandishing a Deadly Weapon" is usually covered in the statutes of most states...If you were put in fear of your well being by the attitude and presence of the other person's handling of the firearm, you may have a case, if you decide to pursue it...

The information about renter's property rights is pretty much correct, and the renter, regardless of relationship to the property owner, may have felt threatened by your demeanor, but I doubt if he has the legal right to detain your dog, or disable the GPS unit...Illinois does have a strange take on some laws though...

OldTurtle,it's evident that my demeanor had nothing to do with it because he already had his 10" hogleg pulled,before I even showed up at his house.He was holding it within inches from my dogs head,like a hostage situation you would see on T.V..And he obviously wanted a confrontation or he would have called my cell # which was on my collar.
As far as the fear factor goes,I was even nervous about leaving my buddy there with him by himself while I ran down the road to catch a couple of other hounds.
I also was considering putting one in the pipe,when I had to go back by his house if my friend was still there,and I've NEVER even considered pulling a gun on anyone,Ever.
Long story short.When his own family tells you to press charges,because "he doesn't need a gun anyway", speaks volumes I would think.
OldTurtle beings you are obviously a man in the know about these type things,I may shoot you a pm if you don't mind.I would like to talk to you on the phone,if everything doesn't seem to pan out,and really appreciate your input!
I guarantee you if the law would have been there,they would have had this idiot cuffed and stuffed in a heartbeat.
Thanks,fellers and will keep you updated.

Back