Which Handgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I carry a Springfield XD 45 Compact. Its a great gun for the price. I have a choice of 10 or 13 round mags. You won't go wrong with a XDM.

Originally Posted By: BrayThis is likely to be an everyday carry weapon. I have a CC permit, but probably wont conceal this one, so I'm looking for a 4.5 barrel. I also prefer something with double stack mags because they fit my hands better.

The crack/meth heads are getting to the point to wear I know theres going to be confratations at somepoint, as they're stealing fuel, copper, and metal left and right.
I often carry in a holster on the hip, I often carry in my top left breastpocket (motorcycle Jacket) and I may very well place the gun in my Tour Pack (motorcycle) or in the door pocket of a vehicle, I may move it several times throughout the course of a day so naturally I prefer an extra layer of safety which eliminates many of the autopistols for me. I prefer a gun which allows options and lets you choose how you wish to carry it. I carry a USPF Variant 1 chambered for the 40 S&W which is a DA/SA with decocker and safety this allows you to carry the gun cocked and locked with the safety on or decock the gun with the decock lever an holster the gun, when chambering a round you can do it with the safety on or you can depress the decocl lever when closeing the slide and the hammer will drop into a D/A condition. The beauty of this design is the gun is never hot unless you want it to be.
FN also offers a model like the H&K USP Variant 1.

10mm Glock g20 or g29 take your pick.For 100 bucks you can get a 40 sw conversion barrel for cheap practice and they work perfect with the factory mag. Or a .22lr conversion kit for about 275 that also works perfectly.Have 4,000 rounds through the .22lr kit, 1,000 through the 40sw, 500 through teh 10mm. None of them have EVER had a failure.

It is the only semi auto that is suitable to stop a black bear or deer. A new company is now loading full power ammo for 30 bucks per 50 round box for with premium bullets like 200 gr xtp 1250fps and 135gr nosler jhp @ ~1600fps for $27.71.http://www.underwoodammo.com/ Their ammo has been verified to live up to the advertised velocity.

Here is my argument for the 10mm

Glock013.jpg

joke10.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back