Nikon Scope Warranty Service Report

TXCOONDOG

Sent my scope in for warranty repair and I left off the turret caps so they wouldn’t get lost.

Scope was sent back repaired, with new turret caps, $ 10 coupon to use toward another Nikon product purchase,they even buffed out some ring marks, and had the reticle centered too (I always check before sighting in.

Forgot to mention that I lost my receipt and they still honored the warranty
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
I have had great luck with them. I sent in a scope one time and they didn't get it right the first time (hey it happens). I called them and told them and I was sending it back in, but was displeased that I would not have it in time for deer season. They over-night shipped me a brand new Buckmaster newer generation then what I had sent them. I wrote mine off thinking they were basically trading me out of it, 3 weeks later they sent mine back fixed good as new! Love Nikon's customer service!

Originally Posted By: meat hunterThat is good news. How long did it take to get the scope back?

Sent in 12-27-11 so 3 weeks

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: meat hunterThat is good news. How long did it take to get the scope back?

That is better than the six weeks it took to get my Nikon back but still totally unacceptable IMO. Glad you are satisfied.

Tx, Thank you for the kind words. Yes, Holiday season is a tough time to get things done. Some Nikon area's shut down from Christmas to New to New Years. I'm glad we got you taken care of to your staisfaction. I'd love to see some pic's when you get your rig all mounted up again.
Thanks!

Originally Posted By: meat hunterOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: meat hunterThat is good news. How long did it take to get the scope back?

That is better than the six weeks it took to get my Nikon back but still totally unacceptable IMO. Glad you are satisfied.

Totally unacceptable? Over Christmas? Really? What is "acceptable"? I mean, teleportation hasn't been perfected yet. UPS both ways would take approx 1 week anyways. Some people are never pleased.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: meat hunterOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: meat hunterThat is good news. How long did it take to get the scope back?

Totally unacceptable? Over Christmas? Really? What is "acceptable"? I mean, teleportation hasn't been perfected yet. UPS both ways would take approx 1 week anyways. Some people are never pleased.

He said he shipped back on 12/27. Sorry bud but the Christmas rush is pretty much over after Christmas. I can be pleased very easily. If I spend hundreds of dollars on a scope during hunting season and something goes wrong I want it fixed and turned around in a week. Leupold does it. I dropped my VariX III on a rock and messed up the elevation turret. I called Leupold and they issued me a UPS blue label call tag. They got the scope in two days fixed it in one day and shipped back to me blue label. I missed a total of 6 days hunting with the scope and it was my fault. Leupold did not charge me a dime for shipping either way nor for the repair. I was quite pleased. Vortex does the exact same thing although I have not had the chance to test them and hope not to. I did speak to Vortex before I bought my first scope from them and they told me less than a week turn around for ANY of their products if there is a problem.

Last edited:
Back