your opinion on this upper

Wadena. wondered that myself, i am sure it takes some weight off, i don't really mind the x-tra weight, it's still only 16", and very handy draggin around in the brush.Originally Posted By: jimmyg75wonder how much difference the fluting makes on a bull barrell does it take away a noticable difference in weight
dennyd I too am from central MN Glencoe to be exact what town are you near

Fluting isnt going to shave much weight. Turning it down under the handguard will. The weight isnt all that far forward compared to a 20 or 24" bull. Mine weighs 11lb with a 30rd mag. It points and handles great off hand.

the more I look at this upper the more I drool I am going to order one hopefully this week if I can sell some stuff I think it will make a purty rifle and hopefully its a shooter too.

Red X complete uppers are $260 to $360 and lower assemblies are $220 to $230. Is there any thing else needed to complete the rifle other than a scope and mag? What are their triggers like in the $220 lowers?

BCG $99
Charging Handle $20

Therefore complete upper $379 to $479 plus lower $220 plus scope = complete package? Did this AR newbie miss anything? They had more options....Are chrome bolts and charger latches necessary for hunting ARs? Won't put over 100 rds a year through it.

Back