The Twisted Zebra 17 Remington is Unveiled!!!!

eurosport

Here is a creation I have had bouncing around in my head for several months. Some of you may find it over the top but that is how I am!!!
McMillan stock, 27" 17 Remington Lilja 1/9" barrel, Jewel trigger. This rifle was assembled by Greg Tannel. That was before I sent barreled action to Marty at Twisted Barrel. I had him flute Remington bolt. He also put 4 Remington style flutes the length of the 27" barrel, then he Ceracoted the barreled action. He then added a spiral shallow flute over the lands of the coated barrel. This resulted in a look unlike any rifle I have ever seen. Very much to my liking!!
The McMillan stock I had Hydro Dipped in Zebra print to compliment the Twisted barrel. Jeff at Midwesthg.com out of Indiana did this for me at a cost of $85. His Hydrodip carries a lifetime warranty and it is sealed with two coats of automotive flatten clear. I will add more pics soon of the NightForce Varminter scope that will sit on top of my Twisted Zebra!
Here is a before picture:
223L46018-1.jpg

The Twisted Zebra!!!!!!!!!!
sastock067-1-1.jpg

sastock071-1-1.jpg

sastock074-1.jpg

sastock072-1.jpg

sastock073-1.jpg

sastock078-1.jpg

sastock075-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Bob

Oh man! That is one cool looking .17 right there! And what I love more than .17 caliber rifles are COOL looking .17 caliber rifles! If it shoots as good as it looks (bet it does!) then you got the best of both worlds right there!

Nice rig Bob! Doubt you have to worry about seeing someone with anything similar.

Gary, those are the cutest little set of shooting sticks I've ever seen!

I forgot to mention that it is a shooter. Here is a group I shot before having Marty do his magic to it. I had not done any load development, this was a load I had for an earlier 17 Remington.
I will give you a range report when I get the scope back.

223L46022-1-2-1.jpg

Bob

That is FREAKIN AWESOME!! You have a "Twisted" mind, lol. That is a very unique looking rifle. You should consider having some professional pictures taken and submit to Rifle Magazine. I like, I like...

As soon as I get THAT rifle out of my head, I see it here LOL That thing gets purtier with every pic I see.
I just hope my 17TAC doesn't want that done
drool.gif

Back