Cur x Pit Pups

HPW

I have some pups up for sale. I'm not in the dog breeding business, so just looking to find them good homes, hunting or otherwise.

The stud is a mt cur and the female is a pit bull. My cur is still young but has come on well and has shown good instincts and drive by my standards. My pit is a family dog, so haven't hunted her much. She is great with kids and learns quickly.

Puppies001.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Both dogs are very athletic and active. Neither one is very heavy and both have strong prey drive.

All of the pups came out a shade of brindle. We had 9 total with 2 females and 7 males. They have their first shots in already. Several of them are spoken for locally. The pups are $75 and will be ready the 21st of this month. If you would like more information you can PM me and I'll do my best to answer any questions or get some more pictures.

Puppies022.jpg

Puppies017.jpg

Puppies016.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I would love to have one, but unfortunately I value my marriage a little more than a new dog. I bet they will grow up to be great decoy dogs in the right hands.

Originally Posted By: knockemdownoh crap, those are cute! Red + white = brindle
laugh.gif

You know Pokey wants to hunt with one of his nephews!
tt1.gif

This one is the biggest of the litter for those big eastern coyotes.
Puppies021.jpg

HPW, Good looking pups. That type of cross has worked before and I'm sure you'll get some usable dogs. I'm fond of the same one Larry asked about. Good luck with them, I'm tempted...

I have a 1/2 pit 1/4 curr 1/4 catahoula that is the best tempered dog and is awesome in the field. If I wasn't going to pick up a full brother to him in a few weeks I would be buying one.

A few more pics of the other pups as requested. Trying to get one to sit still long enough for a photo was harder than roping antelope.
Puppies027.jpg

Puppies028.jpg

Puppies029.jpg

Letting them chew on me turned out to be the best strategy to keep them still.

Puppies037.jpg

Puppies014.jpg

HPW, I think you have your own strain of plott hounds developed in a single breeding!
scared.gif

I just hope the pit influence doesn't take too much grit out of 'em...
lol.gif

just having some fun, they really are a fine lookin' gang of sock pullers!!!
If I didn't have my heart set on a little female sometime in the future, I'd be all over one of those marbled meatballs...

I really like a couple of them. I will PM you. I prefer this one.
Been looking since Christmas for one like this.

Puppies028.jpg

Last edited:
It was good meeting you today Larry. Keep us posted on how that little girl turns out for you.

Got 5 left.

Was nice to meet you also Ben.

I'm guessing she had never ridden in a vehicle before? She didn't quite know what to think of the heater fan hum, radio, engine and other strange noises a vehicle makes. Freaked her out for a few seconds when I started the Jeep. Didn't take her very long to acclimate to it all though.

Outside of barfing up her lunch and re-eating it 3 times, and stopping a few times to let her go to the bathroom, the ride home was uneventful. Oh yeah, she sure does let a nasty smelling fart. Whew! I almost barfed myself!

I wanted to name her Spaz. Wife wanted to name her Sage. I guess her name is Sage.
smile.gif

I'll keep ya updated periodically on Miss Sage.

Thanks again Ben,
Larry

Well good on you Larry. I look forward to your pics as your pup grows up.

Stay after them
Kelly

PS - I think Sage is a fine name.
One I think I might use in the future myself.
Pepper, Peaches and alittle Sage...lol

Back