interarms mark x

chunks7mm

i picked up one in 30-06 for short money,they any good?stock is a little beat up,but has a great trigger and bluing is good....
came with a cheaper scope but he said its dead on....
just gonna use it as trade bait most likely,but if it shoots good even better

i had one in a 25-05 and it was a good gun.it shot really well and it was dependable.the trigger was a little stiff but not to bad.wish i still had it.

They are really accurate rifles after having the action bedded and free float on the barrel, trigger adjustable also.

Great rifle, Congratulations

Last edited:
My friend has one in 22-250. We adjusted the trigger and its pretty crisp and light now. A surprisingly accurate rifle. Bolt is a stiff and slower compared to others, but I assume it's just the mauser action. He was knocking the poop out of prairie dogs with it out 370yds this past october in WY.

I like Interarms Mark X's. You can look up on the web the history of them. At one time Bill Clinton stopped the import. Then we bomb the factory. Then, they opened in Serbia. Remington has guns made there like the 799. The early Interarms are Yugoslavian.

Last Nov. I bought a interarms Mini-Mauser (Yugo) in 223. After a good cleaning, a new stock and new scope. I have a 7 pound 12oz. rifle. With the 1-12 twist, I have been shooting 45gr flex tips. The groups are 1 to 1.5 inch @ 100yd. It shoot better than I can hold.

FYI: I used Warner steel mounts, I had to shim the rear mount .016 to level up with the front base.

Epsn0960.jpg

I had one years ago in 30-06, was a good rifle. Sold it, bought it back, sold it again. Should have kept it!

Last edited:
Back in the early 80s Iver Henrikson an Interarms Mark X action with one of his famous step barrels in .280 for me. I put it in a Brown Precision stock and added a Canjar Trigger.

Had some great times with that rifle. Wish I stll had it and the young legs & lungs that packed it around. (-:

BullElk.jpg

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKBack in the early 80s Iver Henrikson an Interarms Mark X action with one of his famous step barrels in .280 for me. I put it in a Brown Precision stock and added a Canjar Trigger.

Had some great times with that rifle. Wish I stll had it and the young legs & lungs that packed it around. (-:

BullElk.jpg
i was thinking a 280AI but on my remmy action,sadly im thinking of selling the mark X,i just dont think i will ever use it as i have a 760 in 270 im very fond of as my gramp gave me it when he was dieing of cancer

The mark X is a great commercial mauser action and most had adjustable triggers. The most accurate rifle i have ever owned was a 30-06 mark X, the second most accurate was a 7mm rem mag mark X. I still have the 7mm rem mag. My brother has the 30-06. Both where yugoslavian factory guns from 82-84. They are date stamped on the right rear of action. Sometimes the stamp is under the stock. I believe there are a few different models, mark x, whitworth, 4 different stock options, high grade wood, low grade wood, foam filled plastic, full length mannlicher high grade wood.

Back