00 Buckshot for Coyotes

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: GCExcellent post here, I've learned a thing or two from this...
smile.gif

Well, well now. Why don't you just go right on ahead and make a list of the things you've learned.

Start from most important to least. Number them and keep it simple so I'm able to follow along.
smile.gif

Dang... didn't know there would be a written test!
wink.gif

Thanks Guys, I guess I'll try some #4 buckshot,and BB too. I apprieciate the replies .That's why I like this site. You'all tell it like it is, "Most of the time," LOL

I have killed quite a few coyotes with buckshot. I only use 00 buck and 4 buck. I just buy what is available at the time at SptWhse. All I can tell you is that both will kill coyotes dead as a stone and the coyote can't tell the difference. I do like the dead coyote choke and for some reason I like 4 buck the best.

I shoot a 26" barrel with a full choke and 3" 00 buckshot. I have tried other combinations and as long as I don't shoot past 50 yards I am very confident the animal will die.

I use # 3 buck mags for the 20ga, with the 12ga I like to use 00 the most. 4 certainly works as well but Ive had better luck with the 00 out to 60yds and thats with a modified choke.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersanother way for getting more lead downrange is to shoot both barrels on a side by side...

Remington 1740!!!
w00t.gif

Back