your opinion on this upper

Thats to most expensive upper they sell ,once you add a ch and bcg...looking at around 500 bucks.

Might wanna look also and compare...Model one sales,RGUNS, JSEsurplus and Surplus Ammo and Arms.

Now The red xarms upper for around 360 is a steal with free shipping...along with their parts.

Hope this helps,

X

I have shot 2 of them,,they function fine and are reasonably accurate.
fit and finish very good.
I could not tell you how they group,,i just checked em for function after smoothing out the feed ramps and that they shot straight on a couple builds.
I never messed with the exact upper you pictured.

For a hunting iron,,,the floated pencil barrel lightweight,is nice...not too nose heavy.

X

A buddy of mine had a red x upper. had to have the gas black replaced twice by them because they werent working. once that got fixed i was able to work up some loads and test them and it did pretty well. did 5 shots at just under 1inch. personally i wouldnt own one because i want a coyote carbine or a predator pursuit.

For the price it looks to be in line with most other uppers. If your looking for something a little different I think the spiral fluting would be a nice touch. Anyways, my .02. I dont have experience, just giving input on what I see.

I ordered a straight fluted 16" bull barrel upper with free float tube and it was assembled and delivered the next day. Finish looks very nice but haven't shot it yet.

If you are not married to the bull barrel, you should look at the DSARMS upper

DSArms upper

Still no BCG or CH, but we have three of them and they function flawlessly. Haven't scoped any of them yet but we can consistently hit steel at close to two hundred yards with open sights.

doesn't 11 pounds sound very heavy for a 16" upper alone? Thanks for the info guys I like getting more info right now I think I could put together a complete rifle minus the optics for under $600. I already have a colt A2 .223 and a remmy R15 .204 looking at putting together a shorter rifle for calling in the woods and for just plinking it will be another .223.

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75doesn't 11 pounds sound very heavy for a 16" upper alone? Thanks for the info guys I like getting more info right now I think I could put together a complete rifle minus the optics for under $600. I already have a colt A2 .223 and a remmy R15 .204 looking at putting together a shorter rifle for calling in the woods and for just plinking it will be another .223.

Even boxed with packing the upper box won't weigh over 8lb. We typically can ship even Predator Pursuit uppers for less than 10lb total with accessories. It looks like its inflated a bit to get slightly higher UPS rates.

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75Roky0702: cant wait too here how it shoots keep me informed let me know if you have any probs with it.

I'm still ordering parts for the lower and waiting on a few modifications so it won't be ready to shoot for a while, but I'll update you as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Central mn, Oh ya its front heavy, bull barrels are that way, but it do shoot. Honestly my next one will be a longer barrel heavy [not bull] Originally Posted By: jimmyg75how is the weight with that 16" bull, does it seem front heavy?
where in MN are you from denny

Last edited:
Thats good to know dennyd. My buddy is lusting for a black gun, but might go with the lighter weight SS barrel. Best price iv seen on a SS barrel complete upper.

wonder how much difference the fluting makes on a bull barrell does it take away a noticable difference in weight
dennyd I too am from central MN Glencoe to be exact what town are you near

Last edited:
Back