Best Foxpro sounds for coyote hunting

ALPHA DOG

Im just getting into predator hunting and haven't had a lot of luck yet, me and a buddy have probably sat 20 different stands in northeast Oklahoma without calling in anything, so we broke down and bought a Foxpro Firestorm. After about 10 different sets we finally called in two using lightning jack but couldn't get a shot because they wouldn't get out of the brush. Any suggestions on what are some of the best sounds for coyote's?

Lately Ive been having good luck with Female bark howls and Bay Bee Cottontail. If its legal in OK, the female bark howls seem to work really well at night.

Hey Alpha Dog, it's been kinda slow around Beggs too. It seems like some days they come in good and other days nothing happens. I have been hearing of alot of people using coyote vocals and being successful. Just keep at it and pay attention to the wind. I have been lucky with alot of different sounds. I downloaded a mp3 chicken distress off the internet that has worked for the last couple of coyotes I called in. Just try different sounds and see what works for you. Don't be afraid to use strange sounds either, I have called some in with prairie dog distress and javelina demise and we don't have either one around here.

One thing for sure---you will like that Firestorm. I have had good luck with that and my Fury. You have so many sounds you can find out what works for you. Lighting Jack and Cannine pup squeals have worked for me. I also use a lot of coyote vocals.

The Secrete sound
laugh.gif
Adam

This time of year in most areas yotes are starting to pair up and vocals start working really well. There are a variety of sounds that work and they can vary with geographic location, time of year, and weather.

This time of year I would use group/pair yips and howls, female invitation, and yote distress. Should these not produce after a couple of stands I would revert back to distress. I love lightning jack but it seems to be very popular so you may think about getting one of the snowshoe sounds just to throw something different out there.

Often times it is simply experimantation combined with trial and error!

Originally Posted By: ALPHA DOGAppreciate it! Keep the advice comeing
I suppose I could let you in on my secrets , use the DSG Cottontail ... Even though your a guy I think I know ... lol ... DSG Cottontail is the key , ya might also contact a couple of N.E. Oklahoma backwoods Hillbillies around Skiatook ...There is one guy that drives a Green Tundra with camo wheels and camo trim that would help a guy out , I think he has a predator masters decal in the back window !!! If you see him around ochelata stop and chat with him !!!

175630_1535565523613_1669096121_1074448_1856645_o.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: ab_bentleyThe Secrete sound
laugh.gif
Adam

When ya put an "E" on the end of that word, it kinda changes the entire discussion.

Lol Brotha! That does change things a bit doesn't it. Secrete sounds should be kept a secret.
blushing.gif

How are you doing CODY ... the catfish noodler ... lol ... I was talking to the other Hillbilly about this ochelata post he said it was you ...hey call em into the open...you get in the brush ...lol...I'M READY !!!

Originally Posted By: Predator StrikeforceOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: ab_bentleyThe Secrete sound
laugh.gif
Adam

When ya put an "E" on the end of that word, it kinda changes the entire discussion.

Lol Brotha! That does change things a bit doesn't it. Secrete sounds should be kept a secret.
blushing.gif

Mr.Austin...still waiting seening a post that you will be at Bass Pro Shop in Broken Arrow !!! to teach some tech tips !

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: ab_bentleyThe Secrete sound
laugh.gif
Adam

That was the whole point, everyone has THAT sound they don't wanty to give out, so it's now the SECRETE sound
laugh.gif
Adam

Back