Can Someone Explain to Me What Zero Reset Turrets Are?

The turret is marked from "0"-whatever the last moa is. When your done zeroing your rifle at a given yardage the turret might be on "6". You can reset it back to "0" so that now if you need to dial ele to shoot farther you start with the turret on "0" instead of an arbitrary number.

I just received a Nikon ProStaff from Midway. I had heard about return to zero turrets but did not understand myself. And I was surprised when I took the caps off to see the knobs and how they worked. ( I had to read the instructions.) But the way I understand them,, you zero your rifle,, then you can pull up on the turret knobs and turn it back to the zero mark,, then release it and it locks back into place. It seems to work pretty slick,, though I have not got it mounted on a rifle yet. I just think it is a pretty nifty setup.

MO Boy
smile.gif

The funny part is I have a new Prostaff on my 22-250, (3x9x40) and was looking to buy the 4x12x40 and hadn't even noticed it on the one I have.

Can't seem to find any of the 4x12x40's in stock. I have a gift card for scheel's and they list not available. Optics Planet doesn't list them either.

Last edited:
Back