pros and cons of 300 blk upper?

jcurt

Looking to see what everyone thinks about this round for the AR. My shooting is done at no more then 200 yards but mostly under 100 in and out of brush. Looking to shoot pigs and deer. Do not plan at this time to use a can so im not worried about subsonic performance.

pretty slow??? i have loaded some 300 fireball with 130gr speers, nowhere near a hot load, over 2300 fps. not exactly a big game round, and the cartridge is really made for a suppressor, but certainly good enough for small deer and other like sized animals.

yes, slow, and as you say your load is not for big game. He said for big game and I would shoot heavier bullets for that. Those heavier bullets wont expand going slow. Thats what I meant.

Mines cool

sbr6.jpg

If you are only wanting to shoot super sonic and you are wanting to hunt big game, I would look at the 7.62x40 or 6.8 SPC. I have a 300 Whisper and a 6.8 and I pretty much only load subsonic for the whisper.

I've taken my 450 Bushmaster after elk, but haven't had a chance to actually use it yet. One of the big bores will give you a lot more knockdown power from your AR, and should be adequate at the ranges you are interested in.

Back