bobcat killed in central Illinois

upinthemud

here is a pic of a bobcat that was hit by a car over by mechanicsburg, illinois the other day. a guy i work with has got some pic's of a few cats west of girard, i would say it is probly one of them..

bobcat.jpg

I have quite a few bobcats around my place. See them alot while deer hunting and also have called several in over the years.

Hopefully they will let us start taking a couple a year ... one of these days.

I haven't seen any bobcats around me,but my son and I have seen a couple of cougars around here. One really tore up one of my coonhounds while we were hunting. took a chunk out of her back and side with a paw swipe and bit a hole right thru her skull. The Conservation Dept. says there not around, but we know diff. we're not the only ones that have seen them. There was a dead one found on RR. tracks in Fulton County, just the other side of Illinois River from where I live

Originally Posted By: bigtruckerI haven't seen any bobcats around me,but my son and I have seen a couple of cougars around here. One really tore up one of my coonhounds while we were hunting. took a chunk out of her back and side with a paw swipe and bit a hole right thru her skull. The Conservation Dept. says there not around, but we know diff. we're not the only ones that have seen them. There was a dead one found on RR. tracks in Fulton County, just the other side of Illinois River from where I live

Did you really expect the truth from an Illinois gov entity???? Come on where do you think Obamer comes from 'THE CHICAGO POLITICS MACHINE"

I got one on the trail camera last year. It hasn't shown up since and I have never laid eyes on one. That was in Shelby county.

Seen that same picture on last nights evening news. It was a news reporter from channel 20 in Springfield that hit the cat. Did a story on it and bobcats in general in IL. Estimated 3 to 5 thousand in the state right now. Also talked to someone from conservation about the big cats. He said there have been a "few" sightings but no breading pairs here. Nothing has been confirmed. Sure wish they would open the bobcat up with its own season, maybe one day.

Shane64

Hey now remember the State Of Illinois didn't release Cougars, Mountain Lions whatever you wanna call them but if you kill one or find one dead the state would like to be informed that one of there "non released" animals is dead. but ya im around effingham an my uncle has seen them around 15 miles south on his property.

Back