pellet guns for coyotes??

Similar to a 17 Remington but not as powerful as an HMR :
lol.gif

Smoke and mirrors.

Pellet guns are poor choices for hogs, and body shots on coyotes......even the more powerful pellet guns (which Gamo is not). Have fun either hitting all your coyotes in the brain, or passing on the shot if you want to put them down quick/recover them using a pellet gun.....very challenging feat there.

Bigbore airguns work pretty well on both coyotes and hogs, though. No headshot required. I've killed ram, boar, coyotes, Bobcat, and nutria with my bigbore airgun and it is moderate in power compared to some others out there.

I have killed a few with my air rifles, both big bore and quarter bore, the 25 cal maurader is the smallest id would go for coyotes, I took one at 30 yards with a body shot with the maurader and killed it cleanly. but head shots are better. With my big bore 50 cal I was able to take body shots and had clean pass throughs at 60 plus yards, the coyote would run and crash a few yards away. I have a video up on u tube air gun hunting coyotes its not very good footage cause the camera is mounted to the rifle and im hand calling them in. but has 3 kills on it.

Some guy here in the states custom builds pretty big bore air rifles that are precharged and people have taken bear, buffalo, etc. with them. I can't remember his website. I think they are like .30-.40 cal though.

I once shot a big red fox with a .20 cal Beeman R1 with a crow magnum pellet from a distance of about 15 yards. I held right behind his shoulder into his armpit as he was broadside. He jumped like a heart shot white tail and took off. He made it another 15 yards and piled up stone cold dead. Heart shot.

I've killed many possums and coons, but that was the biggest game so far that I have taken with that setup. I'd like to think that a coyote is do able, but marginal at best. Then again, I've made a 78 yard coyote and 110 yard feral dog with a .22 short. I've killed big jacks at 60 yards too with that pellet gun, so I think if you are VERY selective with your shots and are VERY close and capable of some serious marksmanship, you might get it done.

The gamos you're talking about are the Gamo hunter extreme, and that video is a terrible representation of airgun hunting for big game. Smaller caliber airguns have their place for hunting, but coyote and hog hunting is not one of them. If you want to get into airgun hunting for larger game than rabbits theres a lot of options. As far as commercial airguns a great place to start would be pyramidair.com. One of the more notable big bore custom makers would be Mr. Dennis Quakenbush, you can google search him and you'll find a whole bunch of information. These guns have been used for bison, african kudu, as well as deer, hogs and other large game animals. Heres a couple great websites for you to start at if your interested:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/414006/
www.yellowforum.com
These are great resources for all things airgun related.

The air guns you buy at Walmart are not the air guns you use. Those a merely pest control guns.

Head over to pyramid air or google Jim Chapman.

A 177/22 shadow, whisper, etcis NOT in the same league as some of the big bores out there.

Back