jRemington R15

cmil84

I was thinking of selling my Bushmaster Patrolmans carbine and getting a R15. Was wondering if that would be a good swap. Also wondering how much easier it is to clean the R15. Correct me if im wrong but it has the gas piston in it doesnt or so i was told. Any input would help guys. Bottom line is it worth it

I can't compare to the Bushmaster since I don't have one, but I do have an R-15 and I am very happy with it. It does not have a gas piston system.

Ok so it is no different cleaning wise. How bout accuracy? Also how is the noise level on it. My Bushmaster is very loud!

If you can figure out a straight trade you'd probably be doing ok, but if not you might be better upgrading your RRA. The R15s are a nice gun, but some of the internals don't seem to be as robust as I've seen on alot of the "AR only" brands. This may be why they are pretty light. The 18" barreled R15 was much more reasonable sound wise than my 16". They shoot good, I just sleep a little more comfortably when comparing my internals.. you know, just in case I call in a herd of bigfoots or something.

No difference in cleaning. The advantage to the R15 in my opinion(for hunting)is it would be a flat top as opposed to having the carry handle. Even if your carry handle is removeable it prob. still has the front sight.Plus the R15 has a much `friendlier looking` camo. job.

Back