A pair

Kash

Started out sleeping in a little, (Woke up at 5:20). Took my time getting ready, checked in on Predator Masters. Rolled out of the drive at about 6:40 and headed to the good old Kum & Go. Had to pick up the Red Bull fix, I have to get some sort of fix. I gave up the nicotine a week and a half ago.
Anyway, I wasn’t sure of the first stand destination yet. But on the fly I decided on a place I set up on last week, with no luck other than three herds of mule deer, one herd of white tail deer, and four bald eagles. So I went down the road a little more to a plateau over look of a river bottom. The sun wasn’t quit up yet and it was snowing lightly. I parked behind some trees kind of in a little dip so the truck wouldn’t be seen as well. After getting the entire garb ready I set off down the little trail that skirts the rim slightly. I wasn’t a hundred yards down the trail and I look down in the bottom. Holly Cowl there’s a coyote, I bring up the binoculars for a better look and low and behold there’s two. Ok, think fast low crawl, go prone, and grab the new call on the new lanyard. Squeak a few times, and where did they go? Oh there’s one about four hundred and coming. Now where’s the other one? There she is, two hundred and closing. She gets to the irrigation ditch and holds up and looks back for the male. He gets to the ditch and she starts up again. I woof them to a stop, BANG I drop her at about a hundred yards. I find him in the scope and BANG I take a running shot. Dang I missed, ok settle down, focus, breath, and woof. Well ok that slowed him enough and BANG, I hit him at about two fifty he spins and goes down. Yahoo I got a double on the first stand. But that was all I got all day.
Well now you know I’m not a writer but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.
IMG_20120107_074616.jpg

Right on, Kash! Nice pair of coyotes and some nice wood hanging on the lanyard! Thanks for the write-up.

Originally Posted By: sendit223Excellent. Which new call? They all look interesting.
Well I have been using calls from the following : SeanE, willowcreekcalls, bearmanric, armyturner, and a lanyard by fw707.
On this event I was using a willowcreek call.
Kash

Back