[beeep]....bore snake cord snapped

tbarile

I have a brand new dpms upper on my first ar. Inhave had a horrible time trying to push a .22 cal jag with patch down the barrel so I decided to use my bore snake. I was following the breaking in process (clean after every shot rot first 25) and the cord on the bore snake snapped on the 3rd pass because it was so difficult to pull through. W hat am I doing wrong? How can it be so difficult to clean this [beeep] barrel?

I quit cleaning and just shot 25 rounds.....it was sweet!

Originally Posted By: markleytry smaller patches

This. What size patches? Some kinds are thick enough that I have to trim them a little.

The snakes are tight. They do a quick job but not a thurough cleaning. Get a bore guide. After a strait hindred rounds it should be close to being broke in. I only clean my SS bull every 300+ rounds and it shoots great. Breakin is a waste of ammo and barrel life.

Yeah butches are usually pretty thick. I don't think you'd want them any bigger than 1" square. Trim a few and try it. I don't know anything about bore snakes, never found a use for them.

Originally Posted By: reb8600A 22 cal bore snake should not have been that tight.

I have to second this, I use a bore snake on all my bolt guns that dont have the ceramic treatment in the bores, and have never had one break, on some of the really really lead fouled antique 22 rifles, they were exceptionally tight, but after getting them all the way clean, they worked just fine

Back