Got this kitty Friday night

VaHowler

Not a real big one, but pretty spots. It was an 18lb tom.
Went to a spot I hadn't hunted yet this year. Got set up in the field and started calling with my TC's custom diaphragm. Literally within seconds eyes pop up about 150 yds. away on the field edge. I keep the eyes lit and continue to call but it doesnt move. After a minute or two it still hasn't moved, usually a good sign its a cat. It looks away from the light a couple times and I decide its time to do something, so I lay the shotgun down and go prone with the rifle. Get lined up and flip on the destroyer and its definitely a cat. When the brighter light hits his eyes he turns his head and I let him have it right behind the ear. First set of the night.
Ended the night with a grey and a coon.
001-3.jpg

Man that is awesome!!! Those TC diaphragms are deadly on cats! Torry Cook taught me how to do a bluejay in distress call with my TC diaphragm and that sound almost isn't fair for the cats. My 2nd stand I made this season using that sound called in a nice 23lb. female on the run.

Congrats on your cat and I'm glad to hear those diaphragms are working out for you! They are awesome calls. That's a really pretty spotted cat too. You usually don't see them spotted up that good here in VA!

Thanks guys.
No not mounting it although I probably should have. Already skinned it.
Jason, those TC diaphragms are definitely the ticket! Foxpro stays in the truck usually now. Helps me hunt longer by lightening the load.I've been trying to learn some bird sounds as well. Not sure what kind of bird I'm imitating but I'm gonna try 'em. Haven't actually tried it in the field yet but plan to soon. Now if I could just figure out how to get these coyotes to stop spooking from the light. I can get 'em within 100 yards or so but they bolt when the shooting light hits 'em. Hunting solo just makes it harder still.
Kevin

I agree... That is one beautiful cat.. Congrats on a successful hunt. I wish I could make the bird sounds on my TC Custom diaphragm... Just haven't gotten the hang of it. Can howl decently but when adding barking and howling I get all out of whack. Haven't messed much with the distress diaphragm yet. I keep telling myself I'm going to but would love to hear some audio of what I should sound like so I could try to imitate it.

Back