Rem 10X triggers & Niel Jones

Ducksoup

I hear a lot of guys trashing their 10X triggers that now come stock on most of Remington's 700 models. For $70, send them to Niel Jones and he will re-work them down to as light as 1-1/2 lbs. That price includes shipping back to you. I had Niel do one of my Remington triggers recentally and it's perfect. No, it wasn't a 10X but if Niel says he can do a 10X, I trust him. Just google "niel jones gunsmith" and his web page will come up.

The Remington triggers are fully adjustable by any gunsmith. The problem is all the epoxy on it. I suppose $70 is cheaper then $120 for a Timney but the Timney is one sweet trigger.

Mr. Jones doesn't just adjust it, he re-works it. He hones and polishes the sear, adjust the over travel and sets the pull weight exactly where you ask him to down to his predetermined limits, which is 1-1/2 pounds on the 10X trigger. I have a couple 10X triggers laying around that I will be sending off to him.

I have no doubt that he earns every penny of what he charges for the work. I had my old Remington triggers reworked for the same price a few years ago. There is honing and polishing involved for it to be done right.

The Xmark triggers are nice triggers except for all the epoxy on them. I took one look at the new one I got and ordered a Timney. I'm sure these can be reworked also if someone wanted to take the time to remove all that epoxy.

Back